“Absolute Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Rohnert Park, California, United States
“Absolute Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My best friend and I just got back from a couple night stay at the Avalon and I can honestly say that I don't have a bad word to relay about this place. It is conveniently located within walking distance of some amazing shops, restaurants, and tourist spots. The valet was a bit pricey, but with the cost and hassle of parking everywhere you go, it was definitely the cheapest and easiest option in my opinion. The pool and lobby area look exactly like the pictures on the website. We had dinner at the Oliveria at one of the poolside cabanas and the steak nearly melted in my mouth! As guests of the Hotel, we received 20% off of our bill. Breakfast at the cabana was equally as fantastic as dinner. The service was fast and spot on. The pool was so warm that we couldn't resist a little after breakfast swim. The rooms were clean and well stocked. I can't even begin to rave about the pillows, bar none.
From the moment we arrived until check-out, the staff was attentive, friendly, and warm. They really go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. I'm not at all suprised that Amber is mentioned in so many of these reviews, she really went above and beyond.
I will only ever stay at the Avalon when traveling to Southern California. This place comes highly recommended from this satisfied customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Kami R,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Avalon. Your review summarizes everything that we are about. We are very proud of our team and will be certain to share your wonderful comments with all of them, in particular with Amber. I am delighted to learn that Avalon will be the only place you stay at when traveling to Southern California. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your next trip.

Diego Heredia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Amazing - the place is beautiful, achingly lovely.
The pool and surrounds are lush and the rooms are perfect.
BUT...the thing that won my heart over all of that beauty were the staff. A HUGE thank you and much love, especially to Amber, but also to Maria & Alessandro who just treated us so well - guys we cannot thank you enough for your kindness and attentive service.
Hope to see you again soon!
Nic

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Nic S,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are very proud of our team and of the service they provide to all of our guests. I will make certain that Amber, Mariya and Alessandro are recognized accordingly and will share your comments with the rest of the team. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your next visit.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here 3 different times within a couple of weeks. This is an updated building, in what probably used to be a motel. The designers took advantage of the architectural vibe and there is a really fun modern twist on the mid-century mod look that is so popular right now. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant and everything I ordered was great. Location is nice...at the edge of a residential area, so off the beaten path a bit. Each time I stayed, I encountered a little but of noise, either from hotel entertainment (great live guitar music) going on in the central pool/courtyard or in parking lot next door, but there was never any trouble falling to sleep. Staff goes above and beyond. Cannot say enough about how great they were to deal with. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something fun and different and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to request room in main building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Lisa P,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your various recent stays at the Avalon. We appreciate your kind comments about the design, restaurant, location, and most importantly about the service you received from my team. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Did my business trip recently,my counterparts in LA booked this hotel for me. stayed 11 nights i could say one of the best hotel i have stayed in states. we normally stay in intercontinental or hyatt. this time decided to try avalon, there staff is very friendly and courteous. Especially Amber she is great receptionist. very close to rodeo drive, beverly drive and all the food places. rooms are great i stayed in the main building and would recommend everyone to stay there. It's a boutique style hotel very retro and especially the pool area. very relaxing place at the end of day having few canapes and drink. would rate this hotel 4 star.

Room Tip: Room with pool view are the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Tygr22,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your 11 night stay at the Avalon. I am thrilled to learn that you consider us one of the best hotels you have stayed in the states. I really appreciate your comments about the service and in particular about Amber. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed six nights at The Avalon. The staff is truly wonderful, awesome service all around - I'd especially like to thank the valet team and Amber at the front desk. She was so helpful, informative, and made our stay more enjoyable. I was blown away by the revamped hotel interior. Kelly Wearstler is a personal favorite and she did a great job turning this basic building into a retro-chic destination. Our room was comfortable and spacious. Great bed and lounge furniture, cool art, and beautiful marble in what became my dream bathroom! Small gym was perfect and has everything you need. We loved spending the week here and will be definitely be back again.

• Stayed July 2012
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear KSnVC,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you and your fiancée had an enjoyable and memorable experience. I will be sharing your comments with my team and will recognize Amber for being helpful and making your stay special. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Avalon hotel Beverly Hills
Tim289
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Photos on homepage are really promising as is the appearance in the stylish "wallpaper" guide. For the price we expected more of the rooms and the hotel. Lobby area is nice, but hallways etc really don't look great! We had to cross some sort of alley to get to our rooms... We were also told that valet parking was free which it wasn't. Got a discounted rate though after we complained. Pool area feels somehow cramped though it does look nice!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Tim289,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Avalon. I apologize that the aesthetics of the hotel did not meet your expectations and appreciate your feedback. I do hope that the service that my team provided made up for this and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience, On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

They have done a good job of turning an old motel into a cool hotel but there are limitations such as the air con, lifts and showers. Having said that the rooms are tastefully decorated, the pool area is very pleasant and the hotel staff were really helpful.
Considering its location (10 minute walk to Rodeo Drive) it offers great value for money and is close to some excellent and surprisingly inexpensive restaurants and cafe's, try Cafe Istanbul for Dinner and Urth Cafe for Breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Foleytrip,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that we provided you with great value for your money and that you were pleased with our amenities, décor and location. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your return from the UK.

Kind regards,

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!