“Nice little hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice little hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here 3 different times within a couple of weeks. This is an updated building, in what probably used to be a motel. The designers took advantage of the architectural vibe and there is a really fun modern twist on the mid-century mod look that is so popular right now. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant and everything I ordered was great. Location is nice...at the edge of a residential area, so off the beaten path a bit. Each time I stayed, I encountered a little but of noise, either from hotel entertainment (great live guitar music) going on in the central pool/courtyard or in parking lot next door, but there was never any trouble falling to sleep. Staff goes above and beyond. Cannot say enough about how great they were to deal with. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something fun and different and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to request room in main building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Lisa P,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your various recent stays at the Avalon. We appreciate your kind comments about the design, restaurant, location, and most importantly about the service you received from my team. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Avalon Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Did my business trip recently,my counterparts in LA booked this hotel for me. stayed 11 nights i could say one of the best hotel i have stayed in states. we normally stay in intercontinental or hyatt. this time decided to try avalon, there staff is very friendly and courteous. Especially Amber she is great receptionist. very close to rodeo drive, beverly drive and all the food places. rooms are great i stayed in the main building and would recommend everyone to stay there. It's a boutique style hotel very retro and especially the pool area. very relaxing place at the end of day having few canapes and drink. would rate this hotel 4 star.

Room Tip: Room with pool view are the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Tygr22,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your 11 night stay at the Avalon. I am thrilled to learn that you consider us one of the best hotels you have stayed in the states. I really appreciate your comments about the service and in particular about Amber. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed six nights at The Avalon. The staff is truly wonderful, awesome service all around - I'd especially like to thank the valet team and Amber at the front desk. She was so helpful, informative, and made our stay more enjoyable. I was blown away by the revamped hotel interior. Kelly Wearstler is a personal favorite and she did a great job turning this basic building into a retro-chic destination. Our room was comfortable and spacious. Great bed and lounge furniture, cool art, and beautiful marble in what became my dream bathroom! Small gym was perfect and has everything you need. We loved spending the week here and will be definitely be back again.

• Stayed July 2012
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear KSnVC,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you and your fiancée had an enjoyable and memorable experience. I will be sharing your comments with my team and will recognize Amber for being helpful and making your stay special. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Avalon hotel Beverly Hills
Tim289
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Photos on homepage are really promising as is the appearance in the stylish "wallpaper" guide. For the price we expected more of the rooms and the hotel. Lobby area is nice, but hallways etc really don't look great! We had to cross some sort of alley to get to our rooms... We were also told that valet parking was free which it wasn't. Got a discounted rate though after we complained. Pool area feels somehow cramped though it does look nice!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Tim289,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Avalon. I apologize that the aesthetics of the hotel did not meet your expectations and appreciate your feedback. I do hope that the service that my team provided made up for this and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience, On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

They have done a good job of turning an old motel into a cool hotel but there are limitations such as the air con, lifts and showers. Having said that the rooms are tastefully decorated, the pool area is very pleasant and the hotel staff were really helpful.
Considering its location (10 minute walk to Rodeo Drive) it offers great value for money and is close to some excellent and surprisingly inexpensive restaurants and cafe's, try Cafe Istanbul for Dinner and Urth Cafe for Breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Foleytrip,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that we provided you with great value for your money and that you were pleased with our amenities, décor and location. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your return from the UK.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights with my family. Rooms are a great size. We had 4 adults in each room and had enough space for humans and luggage.

The hotel is made up of two buildings. I would request being in the building the reception is in. We had a room on each side and the toilet on the other side broke down.

Hotel is in a good location and within walking distance to Rodeo Drive and restaurants. We had a car so it did help. Reception staff were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ainslee P,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip from Sydney. I am thrilled to learn that you and your family had a great experience and hope that we were able to create lasting memories for all of you. The layout of our hotel does provide us and our guest a variety of room layouts and locations depending on taste, likes and dislikes. I am glad that we found the room that was perfect for you. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back from the Sydney in the near future.

Devon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love the fact that The Avalon takes customer service so seriously.
As soon as I arrived they me that there was a function that evening, therefore it wouldn't be possible to use the pool area - so I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment for the duration of my stay.
The room itself was wonderful, retro chic and the bed.....comfortable isn't even the word !

Fitness suite was small but perfect, all the latest cardio equipment and free weights.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes 1950's decor with a modern twist.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from the front as I imagine it could be quite noisy
Dear BeccaDia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We do take customer service very seriously and my team is very passionate about creating memorable experiences. I am glad that we were able to upgrade you to a one bedroom suite during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back from the UK in the near future.

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!