“Terrific Staff and Great Value in Beverly Hills” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
Toronto, Canada
“Terrific Staff and Great Value in Beverly Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Superb value in Beverly Hills! A fun smaller hotel with a retro feel. Excellent, friendly staff who went out of their way to be helpful. Amber was fantastic.Only minor complaint is the hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the heart of Beverly Hills-but the staff more than made up for it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tijs K, Hotel Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you kindly for posting this review of your recent experience at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills. We very much appreciate your kind comments about the service you received from our team while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

489 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location within walking distance of Rodeo Drive. On arrival I was allocated incorrect room however Amber did her best to please and did not disappoint. She even escorted me personally to my room holding an umbrella over me ( yes it did rain but did not spoil my stay)! LOVE this hotel and the staff always knew my name and greeted me every time I was in reception. Amazing location and not a bad price for Beverly Hills. Also loved the intimate pool area with great ambience and pool heated all year round. Nice little workout room available 24/7. Saturday night the restaurant was very busy too with lovely atmosphere. Good sized modern room in relaxing colour with huge comfy bed and every amenity. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Request main building with pool view although rooms quieter in adjacent buildings if you prefer. I l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Michele,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We were glad learn that you took full benefit from our location and proximity to Rodeo Drive with all its amazing shops and restaurants, while still taking the opportunity to enjoy the unique poolside dining experience at our restaurant Oliverio.

I certainly wish to extend a sincere apology for the mix-up with room that was allocated to you, however I was pleased to note that Amber was able to swiftly address your concern and personally escort you to your room.

The team and I are most thankful for your patronage and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Avalon Hotel in the not too distant future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is beautiful! I wanted to take all of the furniture home!! The staff are friendly and helpful immediately from the moment you get there! Even getting out a taxi at 1am was met with the valet a smile and a welcome back.
I had drinks at the pool one night. Service was fast friendly and unobtrusive. Really made the stay special.
My only issue was that my room. 241. Was noisy as it was outside the lift. The staff moved me immediately to 222 and the room was huge. However the noise from the connecting room and room above was an issue. I felt myself creeping around so I wouldn't disturb others!
Make sure you get a room on a top floor and you will have one of the best hotels in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills (,I've stayed in several). I would stat again!

• Stayed January 2013
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear samyreynolds,

Thank you for choosing the Avalon and for sharing your recent experience with us.

It was such a pleasure to have you as our guests and we must agree that the furniture throughout the hotel is indeed an inspiring asset that many of us, and our guests, would love to have in our homes. Kelly Wearstler designed all our public spaces and guest rooms and she has a boutique on Melrose Avenue here in Los Angeles where furniture, accessories, and clothes are for sale.

I certainly wish to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to the noise levels within your guestroom. We offer three different buildings with each their unique benefits and I am certain that we will be able to find the perfect room for you on your next stay with us.

Thank you again for staying with us and for posting this review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very nice hotel with great location, We walked to Rodeo Drive from there. The hotel is not very big but everything is nice and clean, staff was very helpful and always greeting you by your name either when coming back or leaving the hotel, they even learned my baby's name. We didn't get to enjoy the pool during our stay because it was so cold, although we were told it was heated. Over all it was a nice play to stay, I would say we will stay there again if we're in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Laura,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Avalon and for sharing your experience.

We very much appreciate your kind comments about the location, service, and the property itself. We certainly hope that you’ll have a chance to visit us again during warmer days and enjoy a day out by our signature hourglass pool.

Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm writing to express how truly amazing my husband & I's hotel stay was. This was an incredibly affordable option. Our room was large and huge. The lobby is grand and check in & check out were pleasant. The gym is just the right size and has all the important fitness equipment. I did not see a spot of dust in the entire hotel. The pool is very pretty - just smelled of lots of chlorine- otherwise this is a perfect place for a perfect stay & escape from NYC- room 433

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lidia,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. The team and I were so proud to read your comments about the hotel and the service you received upon your arrival and departure.

On behalf of all of us at the Avalon, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is located near the Golden Triangle (fancy shopping area) of Beverly Hills so the location is especially good if you like to shop. It`s also pretty close to West Hollywood and Koreatown (10 minute drive) and about 20 minutes from downtown so the location is convenient in general.

The front desk staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. They made an effort to remember us and greet us personally by name every time we walked by. They also provided maps, driving directions to the airport, let us use the front desk phone once for free when we were having trouble with our portable Internet device, as well as requesting room cleaning services, valet assistance, etc., etc. etc. I can`t say enough about how wonderful and friendly they were (especially Amber Smith, who gave us her card before we left).

The valet parking service was also fast, friendly and convenient. There was even someone standing by to open doors for us every time we walked in and out. Truly amazing service.

The pool area was beautiful though too cold this time of year to go swimming. The room was very clean and included an ironing board, robes, shampoo & body wash, a hairdryer, towels a mini-fridge, TV and heating unit. My only dislikes for the room would be that the bed and pillows (feather-filled) were a bit less firm than I like but that is just my personal preference. The heating unit was also ceiling-mounted so it may take a while for the warm air to make its way down to your feet should you happen to stay in the winter.

The hotel also had a bit of a motel layout in the sense that the pool area and room doors open to the outside so you can hear outdoor noise at times (heard the garbage truck come by in the morning a couple times but it only lasted a few minutes). The room doors do not face a main street though so noise is generally quite minimal.

We got our room for $150 per night using Priceline over New Year`s so it was pretty affordable for a stay in Beverly Hills. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your recent experience with us at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We very much enjoyed reading about your experience and the team and I were in particular proud of your kind comments regarding the service you received throughout your stay with us.

As we continue to enhance our guest room experience we will most certainly consider your suggestions about the firmness of the mattress and pillows as well as the heating unit inside your room.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing the Avalon Hotel for your stay in Beverly Hills.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nicest check in we encountered on our month long trip, rooms treandy and quiet considering location. Plenty of restuarants within walking distance and great shopping too. All staff were great and the valet parking was always prompt and polite. Thanks for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Emily,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

The team and I were incredibly proud to read your comment about your arrival experience as well as the encounters you had with our staff throughout your stay with us.

We also very much appreciate your kind comments about the room appointments and design by Kelly Wearstler.

On behalf of all of us at the Avalon Beverly Hills, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#10 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 1,833 reviews

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!