“Wonderful Hotel in Beverly HIlls” 5 of 5 stars

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9400 West Olympic Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90212   |
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Hotel in Beverly HIlls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is located near the Golden Triangle (fancy shopping area) of Beverly Hills so the location is especially good if you like to shop. It`s also pretty close to West Hollywood and Koreatown (10 minute drive) and about 20 minutes from downtown so the location is convenient in general.

The front desk staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. They made an effort to remember us and greet us personally by name every time we walked by. They also provided maps, driving directions to the airport, let us use the front desk phone once for free when we were having trouble with our portable Internet device, as well as requesting room cleaning services, valet assistance, etc., etc. etc. I can`t say enough about how wonderful and friendly they were (especially Amber Smith, who gave us her card before we left).

The valet parking service was also fast, friendly and convenient. There was even someone standing by to open doors for us every time we walked in and out. Truly amazing service.

The pool area was beautiful though too cold this time of year to go swimming. The room was very clean and included an ironing board, robes, shampoo & body wash, a hairdryer, towels a mini-fridge, TV and heating unit. My only dislikes for the room would be that the bed and pillows (feather-filled) were a bit less firm than I like but that is just my personal preference. The heating unit was also ceiling-mounted so it may take a while for the warm air to make its way down to your feet should you happen to stay in the winter.

The hotel also had a bit of a motel layout in the sense that the pool area and room doors open to the outside so you can hear outdoor noise at times (heard the garbage truck come by in the morning a couple times but it only lasted a few minutes). The room doors do not face a main street though so noise is generally quite minimal.

We got our room for $150 per night using Priceline over New Year`s so it was pretty affordable for a stay in Beverly Hills. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your recent experience with us at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We very much enjoyed reading about your experience and the team and I were in particular proud of your kind comments regarding the service you received throughout your stay with us.

As we continue to enhance our guest room experience we will most certainly consider your suggestions about the firmness of the mattress and pillows as well as the heating unit inside your room.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing the Avalon Hotel for your stay in Beverly Hills.

490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nicest check in we encountered on our month long trip, rooms treandy and quiet considering location. Plenty of restuarants within walking distance and great shopping too. All staff were great and the valet parking was always prompt and polite. Thanks for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Emily,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

The team and I were incredibly proud to read your comment about your arrival experience as well as the encounters you had with our staff throughout your stay with us.

We also very much appreciate your kind comments about the room appointments and design by Kelly Wearstler.

On behalf of all of us at the Avalon Beverly Hills, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Celebrating my 40th Birthday was a dilemma for me !!! Where should I go ? Which place would be right ? Will the food satisfy the expectation of my guests ? And the management ? It was though for me. Fortunatly I meet Francesca and Tadji, they are just lovely, amazing and very customers orienteted. I couldn't ask for more. So I decided that Avalon was the right place.
The Chef and his team were able to build up something very tasteful, amazing in a matter of minutes. I had 15 guest, it was a great night, surrounded by lots of care and courtesy, Matthew, Andree and others were perfect host. I strongly encourage those that are looking to organize events, call the Hotel and ask for Tadjii, she will be just "AMAZING".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Orazio,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your experience of your very special evening at Oliverio and the Avalon Hotel.

We were all honored to be able to help you make your 40th birthday a very special and memorable one. Chef Mirko and his team were proud to read your comments about the culinary delights you enjoyed during this evening. Also your kind comments about our Restaurant Managers and Staff were very much appreciated and will be shared with all of those who helped during this memorable evening.

From all of us; thank you for celebrating your 40th at Oliverio and the Avalon Hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a business trip in LA and we wanted a reasonably priced hotel close to Hollywood. The Avalon was a great choice! All the staff were phenomenally friendly, personable and willing to assist. I felt like I got to know each of them! The hotel feels like you have stepped back into the 50's with a central pool and the rooms around the outside, but I feel like that adds to the overall charm. We were in room 204 and it was super quiet and very nice. There was no hustle and bustle that you get in a large chain and all our needs were attended to. The Happy Hour was such great value too. We are definitely coming back when we come back to LA in Jan 2013!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rakesh,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

The team and I were so proud when reading your comments about the service you enjoyed throughout your stay with us. We were also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the mid-century modern design by Kelly Wearstler, and that you had an opportunity to enjoy our amazing Happy Hour at Oliverio.

On behalf of the entire Avalon Team, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post this review of your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Avalon Hotel was really nice and new. Has a heated pool in the center with the rooms all surrounding it however the rooms are not enclosed in one main building which we were surprised of when we arrived. You can't really tell that when you look at the website. But it wasn't really a problem for us. The rooms are nice and modern. The restaurant downstairs has a great Happy Hour and the food was really good. There are cabana areas you can use both for when you are using the pool or when youre enjoying a cocktail from the bar. They also have free wifi which we were thrilled with. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others for its location and service. Front desk were very accommodating and friendly. Just make sure you are ok with the rooms being accessed from outside and facing th center pool area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your most recent stay with us, here at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We very much appreciate your kind comments about your experience at our restaurant, Oliverio, as well as the overall vibe and ambiance around our signature hourglass pool. Our Guest Services team was proud to read your comment about the accommodating and friendly service you received from them throughout your experience with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing the Avalon Hotel for your most recent visit to Beverly Hills. The team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

One of the coolest little hotels stay at in LA! Super friendly staff (especially Alessandro & Ahmed!). Clean rooms, hip environment, good toiletries, 11am checkout, and comfortable beds. We didn't try the restaurant (the Oliverio) but it looked really good. The only thing I didn't like was no parking available; the $22+ valet cost was not ideal. That being said, I would still highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting LA!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

The team and I were proud to read your comments, and especially appreciate the very special comment you made in recognition of the service you received from Alessandro and Ahmed.

On behalf of all of us here at the Avalon, thank you kindly for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with many others. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

France / USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed 2 times in this hotel. The first time, they were remodeling so it was a bit dated. When I returned I asked for the same room I had before. I was happily surprised to discover they complied with my request. It was a corner room and I enjoyed how spacious it was.
Even though it was overlooking a parking where the trash was located. So it was noisy at times.

Location: L.A has no center, yet Rodeo Drive is walking distance, and Pico Robertson as well.
There's a grocery store 2 mins from the hotel (Pavillions) and buses on Olympic blvd.
It takes about 20 mins to Santa Monica or longer depending on traffic.
It's very residential and pretty safe for L.A.
Cleanliness: since it's all new, it was really clean.
Most of the staff is affable and helpful.

Flaws:
-I didn't like the brand new shower design, because the shower head is way too high to adjust if you're short, let alone if you're disabled -- and the glass door doesn't retain the water. So the bathroom floor gets flooded whenever you use it.
- I booked a bungalow for my birthday, and it could have been perfect, had I been told that after 11pm, they didn't let people enter the hotel. So my guests had to call me since the "bouncer" was very uncooperative, and refused to let them in.

Overall: It's designed like a very modern yet vintage motel, so it's supposed to be fresh and trendy. I don't think it'd be a comfortable fit for older people.
Great happy hours with tasty mini pizzas and good restaurant.

Room Tip: I would recommend to choose a room on the top floor since there are frequent events in the pool area...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post this review and share your experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

It was such pleasure for us to welcome you back to the Avalon Hotel. We’re glad that you took the opportunity to experience our newly renovated hotel rooms, and very much appreciate your kind comments.

I was certainly dismayed to learn about the disappointment you experience with regard to the interaction with one of our security officers. It is always our no. 1 goal to provide our guests with intuitive service that will allow them to get the very best out of their experience. I wish sincerely apologize for this issue you encountered on this occasion.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. When planning your future visit, perhaps you would be so kind to contact me directly so I may personally ensure that your next stay with us will be as comfortable and enjoyable as it can possibly be.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!