“What a great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
New York City, New York
“What a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a business trip in LA and we wanted a reasonably priced hotel close to Hollywood. The Avalon was a great choice! All the staff were phenomenally friendly, personable and willing to assist. I felt like I got to know each of them! The hotel feels like you have stepped back into the 50's with a central pool and the rooms around the outside, but I feel like that adds to the overall charm. We were in room 204 and it was super quiet and very nice. There was no hustle and bustle that you get in a large chain and all our needs were attended to. The Happy Hour was such great value too. We are definitely coming back when we come back to LA in Jan 2013!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Rakesh,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

The team and I were so proud when reading your comments about the service you enjoyed throughout your stay with us. We were also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the mid-century modern design by Kelly Wearstler, and that you had an opportunity to enjoy our amazing Happy Hour at Oliverio.

On behalf of the entire Avalon Team, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post this review of your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Avalon Hotel was really nice and new. Has a heated pool in the center with the rooms all surrounding it however the rooms are not enclosed in one main building which we were surprised of when we arrived. You can't really tell that when you look at the website. But it wasn't really a problem for us. The rooms are nice and modern. The restaurant downstairs has a great Happy Hour and the food was really good. There are cabana areas you can use both for when you are using the pool or when youre enjoying a cocktail from the bar. They also have free wifi which we were thrilled with. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others for its location and service. Front desk were very accommodating and friendly. Just make sure you are ok with the rooms being accessed from outside and facing th center pool area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your most recent stay with us, here at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We very much appreciate your kind comments about your experience at our restaurant, Oliverio, as well as the overall vibe and ambiance around our signature hourglass pool. Our Guest Services team was proud to read your comment about the accommodating and friendly service you received from them throughout your experience with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing the Avalon Hotel for your most recent visit to Beverly Hills. The team and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

One of the coolest little hotels stay at in LA! Super friendly staff (especially Alessandro & Ahmed!). Clean rooms, hip environment, good toiletries, 11am checkout, and comfortable beds. We didn't try the restaurant (the Oliverio) but it looked really good. The only thing I didn't like was no parking available; the $22+ valet cost was not ideal. That being said, I would still highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting LA!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

The team and I were proud to read your comments, and especially appreciate the very special comment you made in recognition of the service you received from Alessandro and Ahmed.

On behalf of all of us here at the Avalon, thank you kindly for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with many others. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

France / USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed 2 times in this hotel. The first time, they were remodeling so it was a bit dated. When I returned I asked for the same room I had before. I was happily surprised to discover they complied with my request. It was a corner room and I enjoyed how spacious it was.
Even though it was overlooking a parking where the trash was located. So it was noisy at times.

Location: L.A has no center, yet Rodeo Drive is walking distance, and Pico Robertson as well.
There's a grocery store 2 mins from the hotel (Pavillions) and buses on Olympic blvd.
It takes about 20 mins to Santa Monica or longer depending on traffic.
It's very residential and pretty safe for L.A.
Cleanliness: since it's all new, it was really clean.
Most of the staff is affable and helpful.

Flaws:
-I didn't like the brand new shower design, because the shower head is way too high to adjust if you're short, let alone if you're disabled -- and the glass door doesn't retain the water. So the bathroom floor gets flooded whenever you use it.
- I booked a bungalow for my birthday, and it could have been perfect, had I been told that after 11pm, they didn't let people enter the hotel. So my guests had to call me since the "bouncer" was very uncooperative, and refused to let them in.

Overall: It's designed like a very modern yet vintage motel, so it's supposed to be fresh and trendy. I don't think it'd be a comfortable fit for older people.
Great happy hours with tasty mini pizzas and good restaurant.

Room Tip: I would recommend to choose a room on the top floor since there are frequent events in the pool area...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post this review and share your experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

It was such pleasure for us to welcome you back to the Avalon Hotel. We’re glad that you took the opportunity to experience our newly renovated hotel rooms, and very much appreciate your kind comments.

I was certainly dismayed to learn about the disappointment you experience with regard to the interaction with one of our security officers. It is always our no. 1 goal to provide our guests with intuitive service that will allow them to get the very best out of their experience. I wish sincerely apologize for this issue you encountered on this occasion.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. When planning your future visit, perhaps you would be so kind to contact me directly so I may personally ensure that your next stay with us will be as comfortable and enjoyable as it can possibly be.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I decided to take a trip to LA after a a year of working solid with no breaks. After reserving 5 hotels I settled on the Avalon. As I was travelling alone it was essential I was in walking distance of everything I wanted to see and I felt safe. I arrived in LA on Thursday evening feeling some trepidation, but this was short lived. As soon as I arrived at the Avalon I was treated like a VIP.

The hotel and room was beautiful. It was within 5-10 walking of all the main sights of Beverly Hills in one direction and I also walked easilly to the Westfield shopping centre (I did take a cab back. After walking around shopping, my feet were shot to pieces!) one word of caution: there are these sales people who will offer you various free hand/face cream samples. Take the freebies if you like and run like hell! If you go in, you won't get out without spending hundreds of pounds on crappy products (because of course this is the last time they will be providing these amazing deals). Or you will feel as if you have been emotionally abused as when you don't buy they turn from being your best friend to your worst enemy.

One member of the Avalon team (Maria - I think) helped me to book a tour of LA and a trip to Universal Studios. These tours are brilliant and they will collect you from the hotel and bring you back so it couldn't be easier.

There were other members of the team that were really helpful especially when I had a problem with one of my credit cards. She helped me to get to the bottom of the issue and even called the offending party and demanded a refund!

The hotel also have a wonderful restaurant attached called The Oliverio. The food was amazing and good value for money. They were also happy to make minor amendments to a dish if required and knocked me up a hamburger in the evening when it wasn't on the menu. The staff in the restaurant were attentive without being overbearing.

I will stay at this hotel again as quite frankly, I cannot fault it one little bit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this truly amazing review. The team and I were so proud to read your comments and learn about your experience with us.

Indeed we were pleased to have been your final choice of hotel to stay at for your well deserved break from working. I was pleased to read that you took full advantage of the hotel being in close proximity of several sights and shopping areas.

Your recognition of the services provided by Mariya is very much appreciated and we’ll be sure to pass your kind message along. I was however dismayed to learn about the problem with your credit cards, but pleased to note that the team swiftly addressed your concern.

Finally, the Oliverio team was filled with excitement when reading your feedback. They do take great pride in the service as does the Culinary staff with the food. We are all so proud that we were able to share this with you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you back soon.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Perfect stay for our honeymoon. The staff is kind and great, the room was big, the bed comfortble e the bathroom really spacious and clean. The pool is amazing and the Oliverio`s food delicious. I`m very happy with our choise and when I come back to LA will be staying there again for sure!

Room Tip: room 319 is really good and spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We were truly pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay so much; from the comfort of your bed to the amazing food at Oliverio.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chose Avalon to stay our first night in Los Angeles on a short three night trip to celebrate my wife's birthday - we have stayed here several times and always enjoy it. This time everything was still perfect. This hotel is in a quiet residential location technically in Beverly HIlls - one can walk to nearby shops and restaurants or drive anywhere. The hotel is a great conversion of an apartment building into a very stylized mid century modern hotel with interior by designer Kelly Wearstler with very comfortable rooms / beds etc - though no bath tub in this room. It is a quiet relaxed environment, though in the past the pool side could be quite crowded with diners / bar patrons - on our most recent visit it was very quiet and peaceful.

In the past we have had dinner by the pool and found it very good - this time we only enjoyed breakfast by the pool which was very good. We found the service great - from the restaurant to the bellmen / valets and especially the the very nice soft spoken front desk staff person Mariya to be excellent, professional, and always helpful.

The central outdoor space surrounded by hotel rooms has a pool with deck chairs and cabana's around it as well as tables from the restaurant - it is a quiet place to chill out, enjoy a drink or a good meal.

Be aware that the hotel has three buildings with similar styled rooms - we prefer the original central building that surrounds the pool, but have stayed in the other buildings as well - A benefit in staying in the other buildings could be the quiet of the residential neighborhood if it turns out to be a lively night at the bar / restaurant.

Room Tip: We asked for a deluxe king with Balcony overlooking the pool - there are only four of these rooms an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience of the Avalon Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again and the team and I very much appreciate your kind comments about the hotel itself, as well as the service you enjoyed.

On behalf of all of us here at the Avalon, thank you for staying with us again and thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your experience.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!