I stayed 2 times in this hotel. The first time, they were remodeling so it was a bit dated. When I returned I asked for the same room I had before. I was happily surprised to discover they complied with my request. It was a corner room and I enjoyed how spacious it was.
Even though it was overlooking a parking where the trash was located. So it was noisy at times.
Location: L.A has no center, yet Rodeo Drive is walking distance, and Pico Robertson as well.
There's a grocery store 2 mins from the hotel (Pavillions) and buses on Olympic blvd.
It takes about 20 mins to Santa Monica or longer depending on traffic.
It's very residential and pretty safe for L.A.
Cleanliness: since it's all new, it was really clean.
Most of the staff is affable and helpful.
-I didn't like the brand new shower design, because the shower head is way too high to adjust if you're short, let alone if you're disabled -- and the glass door doesn't retain the water. So the bathroom floor gets flooded whenever you use it.
- I booked a bungalow for my birthday, and it could have been perfect, had I been told that after 11pm, they didn't let people enter the hotel. So my guests had to call me since the "bouncer" was very uncooperative, and refused to let them in.
Overall: It's designed like a very modern yet vintage motel, so it's supposed to be fresh and trendy. I don't think it'd be a comfortable fit for older people.
Great happy hours with tasty mini pizzas and good restaurant.
- Also Known As:
- Avalon Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Avalon Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinguished by its novel physical space, this Beverly Hills California luxury hotel is set around a dramatic pool terrace with private cabanas and the chic Oliverio restaurant- all just steps from shopping at the finest boutiques, galleries and restaurants nearby.Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills offers luxurious amenities, stylish accommodations, and creative meeting and event space in the heart of Beverly Hills, California.Inspired by the relaxed "patio lifestyle" of mid-20th Century Southern California, Avalon's 83 Beverly Hills hotel rooms, suites and penthouse studios offer guests comfort and style in the heart of Beverly Hills.Custom-designed and classic furnishings by Kelly Wearstler. Pampering Beverly Hills accommodations include custom furnishings and beds with sumptuous Italian designer lines and Neil George amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Otel, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.