“Good value and convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
France / USA
“Good value and convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed 2 times in this hotel. The first time, they were remodeling so it was a bit dated. When I returned I asked for the same room I had before. I was happily surprised to discover they complied with my request. It was a corner room and I enjoyed how spacious it was.
Even though it was overlooking a parking where the trash was located. So it was noisy at times.

Location: L.A has no center, yet Rodeo Drive is walking distance, and Pico Robertson as well.
There's a grocery store 2 mins from the hotel (Pavillions) and buses on Olympic blvd.
It takes about 20 mins to Santa Monica or longer depending on traffic.
It's very residential and pretty safe for L.A.
Cleanliness: since it's all new, it was really clean.
Most of the staff is affable and helpful.

Flaws:
-I didn't like the brand new shower design, because the shower head is way too high to adjust if you're short, let alone if you're disabled -- and the glass door doesn't retain the water. So the bathroom floor gets flooded whenever you use it.
- I booked a bungalow for my birthday, and it could have been perfect, had I been told that after 11pm, they didn't let people enter the hotel. So my guests had to call me since the "bouncer" was very uncooperative, and refused to let them in.

Overall: It's designed like a very modern yet vintage motel, so it's supposed to be fresh and trendy. I don't think it'd be a comfortable fit for older people.
Great happy hours with tasty mini pizzas and good restaurant.

Room Tip: I would recommend to choose a room on the top floor since there are frequent events in the pool area...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post this review and share your experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

It was such pleasure for us to welcome you back to the Avalon Hotel. We’re glad that you took the opportunity to experience our newly renovated hotel rooms, and very much appreciate your kind comments.

I was certainly dismayed to learn about the disappointment you experience with regard to the interaction with one of our security officers. It is always our no. 1 goal to provide our guests with intuitive service that will allow them to get the very best out of their experience. I wish sincerely apologize for this issue you encountered on this occasion.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. When planning your future visit, perhaps you would be so kind to contact me directly so I may personally ensure that your next stay with us will be as comfortable and enjoyable as it can possibly be.

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I decided to take a trip to LA after a a year of working solid with no breaks. After reserving 5 hotels I settled on the Avalon. As I was travelling alone it was essential I was in walking distance of everything I wanted to see and I felt safe. I arrived in LA on Thursday evening feeling some trepidation, but this was short lived. As soon as I arrived at the Avalon I was treated like a VIP.

The hotel and room was beautiful. It was within 5-10 walking of all the main sights of Beverly Hills in one direction and I also walked easilly to the Westfield shopping centre (I did take a cab back. After walking around shopping, my feet were shot to pieces!) one word of caution: there are these sales people who will offer you various free hand/face cream samples. Take the freebies if you like and run like hell! If you go in, you won't get out without spending hundreds of pounds on crappy products (because of course this is the last time they will be providing these amazing deals). Or you will feel as if you have been emotionally abused as when you don't buy they turn from being your best friend to your worst enemy.

One member of the Avalon team (Maria - I think) helped me to book a tour of LA and a trip to Universal Studios. These tours are brilliant and they will collect you from the hotel and bring you back so it couldn't be easier.

There were other members of the team that were really helpful especially when I had a problem with one of my credit cards. She helped me to get to the bottom of the issue and even called the offending party and demanded a refund!

The hotel also have a wonderful restaurant attached called The Oliverio. The food was amazing and good value for money. They were also happy to make minor amendments to a dish if required and knocked me up a hamburger in the evening when it wasn't on the menu. The staff in the restaurant were attentive without being overbearing.

I will stay at this hotel again as quite frankly, I cannot fault it one little bit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this truly amazing review. The team and I were so proud to read your comments and learn about your experience with us.

Indeed we were pleased to have been your final choice of hotel to stay at for your well deserved break from working. I was pleased to read that you took full advantage of the hotel being in close proximity of several sights and shopping areas.

Your recognition of the services provided by Mariya is very much appreciated and we’ll be sure to pass your kind message along. I was however dismayed to learn about the problem with your credit cards, but pleased to note that the team swiftly addressed your concern.

Finally, the Oliverio team was filled with excitement when reading your feedback. They do take great pride in the service as does the Culinary staff with the food. We are all so proud that we were able to share this with you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you back soon.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Perfect stay for our honeymoon. The staff is kind and great, the room was big, the bed comfortble e the bathroom really spacious and clean. The pool is amazing and the Oliverio`s food delicious. I`m very happy with our choise and when I come back to LA will be staying there again for sure!

Room Tip: room 319 is really good and spacious.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We were truly pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay so much; from the comfort of your bed to the amazing food at Oliverio.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chose Avalon to stay our first night in Los Angeles on a short three night trip to celebrate my wife's birthday - we have stayed here several times and always enjoy it. This time everything was still perfect. This hotel is in a quiet residential location technically in Beverly HIlls - one can walk to nearby shops and restaurants or drive anywhere. The hotel is a great conversion of an apartment building into a very stylized mid century modern hotel with interior by designer Kelly Wearstler with very comfortable rooms / beds etc - though no bath tub in this room. It is a quiet relaxed environment, though in the past the pool side could be quite crowded with diners / bar patrons - on our most recent visit it was very quiet and peaceful.

In the past we have had dinner by the pool and found it very good - this time we only enjoyed breakfast by the pool which was very good. We found the service great - from the restaurant to the bellmen / valets and especially the the very nice soft spoken front desk staff person Mariya to be excellent, professional, and always helpful.

The central outdoor space surrounded by hotel rooms has a pool with deck chairs and cabana's around it as well as tables from the restaurant - it is a quiet place to chill out, enjoy a drink or a good meal.

Be aware that the hotel has three buildings with similar styled rooms - we prefer the original central building that surrounds the pool, but have stayed in the other buildings as well - A benefit in staying in the other buildings could be the quiet of the residential neighborhood if it turns out to be a lively night at the bar / restaurant.

Room Tip: We asked for a deluxe king with Balcony overlooking the pool - there are only four of these rooms an...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience of the Avalon Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again and the team and I very much appreciate your kind comments about the hotel itself, as well as the service you enjoyed.

On behalf of all of us here at the Avalon, thank you for staying with us again and thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your experience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Unlike som of the other destinations in our itinery, with L.A. we were spoilt for choice with cool and stylish places to stay. We had narrowed our choice down to Palihotel, The Farmers Daughter or Avalon. On looks alone we wanted the classic motelesque experience that the Avalon offered but were concerned by some of the reviews it had got for noise and smells of smoke.

After speaking to the reception desks of all the above hotels we opted for The Avalon as they were extremely helpful, friendly and welcoming.

On check-in we realised that we had chosen well. Its location was within walking distance of Rodeo Drive shops, the floor staff are amazingly welcoming and helpful and the interior decor, from the lady behind all of The Viceroy Group chain of hotels, is to die for.

The stylish deco room continued along the same vein, whilst still retaining all those cool period features that drew us their in the first place.

Our nights sleep was slightly disturbed by a neighbouring air-con unit being turned on a 4.30am but nothing too much to worry about.

The food was great especially choosing from a selection of the smaller bites and we would definately recommend it.

If you don't want the possibilty of background noise from air-con units take ear plugs as everything else about this place out weighs this, our only minor critisim.

Loved it and if we venture back to L.A. again this is where we'll be staying. If it's good enough for Maralyn Monroe back in the day then it's sure good enough for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tijs K, Executive Assistant Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

WOW! Your comments about your recent experience with us have truly touched all the different areas of the hotel, and even more so the pillars on which we build upon on a daily basis; intuitive service, inspiring design, and innovative culinary experiences.

The comments you generously shared in your posting are an amazing, candid, description of the things we talk about every day.

The team and I couldn’t be more proud and look forward to welcoming you back to the Avalon Hotel in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I rellay enjoyed the Hotel, I am from Germany and Ive been at the Avalon for three nights. Large rooms, a nice pool, and excellent service. A woman at the front desk called Mariya helped me in every situation like giving me advices for good restaurantes, and there was also a German woman called Francis i think. She was very friendly aswell. The restaurante is good, but expensive. If you are looking for a hotel in LA, you should definitly take the Avalon.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such kind words about, in particular, the service you receive from our Guest Service Team. Rest assured that we have shared your comments with Mariya, Francis, and the team overall.

When your travels bring you back to the Beverly Hills area, please be sure to reach out to me directly so we can ensure another outstanding and memorable experience at the Avalon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here four nights, very nice small boutique hotel. Although we were told we had a king size bed, it certainly wasn't. The room was lovely the staff very helpful. Was a very expensive area, but we knew that beforehand, so no surprises.

Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

We very much enjoyed reading your great feedback and sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments about the design of our rooms, by Kelly Wearstler. I was however disappointed to learn that we misinformed you about the size of the mattress in your room, and wish to extend a sincere apology.

Thank you for choosing the Avalon Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!