“Be sure to check your room size” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills

You added Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills to your Saves list
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9400 West Olympic Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (Beverly Hills)   |
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
San Diego
“Be sure to check your room size”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Beautiful, trendy hotel, very nice service. Cute, retro decor. Problem is the size of the rooms - we found out (after our stay) that we had the smallest room in the hotel (it felt like Manhattan, not Beverly Hills) and it was also right on the busy street. Looking at the map of the hotel I see that there would be much larger and quieter rooms for the same price. So be sure to ask before they assign you a room!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IslandBeck
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments about the décor of the hotel and most importantly about the service. My team is dedicated to making sure every guest has a memorable experience at the hotel. We do have several tiers and classes of rooms which allow us to have great flexibility when it comes to rates. We have our classic rooms which have a smaller footprint but still offer all the great amenities and décor as the rest of the hotel at more affordable rates. For those looking to have more room we have junior suites with patios and kitchenettes, and of course our beautiful penthouse. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Staying in LA for 5 nights and want to stay in Beverly Hills, this was the right choice. The rooms r nice and big, great beds, clean bathrooms. The food is great service very nice ... Just love it and very affordable.

Room Tip: If u want very quiet rooms request it. My room is street side, but I like the view, I don't mind...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sweetkaka
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Avalon for your 5 night trip to Los Angeles. I appreciate your comments about the rooms, big beds, clean bathrooms, great food and nice service. I am also glad that you found our hotel to be very affordable. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

If you want the 1950s classic Beverly Hills experience, stay at the Avalon. The staff is amazing and the atmosphere is just what you'd want. What is it about people knowing your name that makes you feel like a star?

But you should also expect that people will be talking in the pool area until late at night, so if you are a light sleeper, you may need to request a room that's not in the main building. Also, it's a small thing but the showers don't have curtains or doors (at least in the smaller rooms). So when you take a shower, the water goes everywhere in the bathroom and onto the floor. It's a minor inconvenience but I hope they fix it.

All in all, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool area and near the street are louder.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Civil_War_Tourist
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are very proud of the history and architecture of the hotel and we have tried to stay true to the classic Beverly Hills experience of the 1950’s. Our goal is to make every guest feel special through our intuitive service and inspiring design. I do want to apologize about the issue with the half shower door in your guest room and rest assured we are looking into a permanent solution. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.

Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Service - excellent. Location - excellent. You feel valued, the valets are some of the best I have experienced and our front desk rep, Oliver was terrifically polite, approachable and helpful.

The location could not be better, and it doesn't carry the pretention of the other local 4 / 5 stars.

As far as the rooms go - there is nothing really wrong with them, the King beds & sheets are extremely soft and comfortable.

Food & cocktails - fine, no problems but we chose this hotel over something like The London as we were only really going to sleep, have some breakfast and head out again - and it served it's purposed admirably. Will definitely be back.

Booked through http://Hotels.com, were upgraded to a suite and received 25% off all F&B + valet.

Room Tip: There are 3 x buildings making up the Avalon - those in the building around the pool could get prett...
2 Thank Neversaidnever
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay at the Avalon. I appreciate your wonderful comments about the excellent customer service that you experienced. I am glad that Oliver provided you with such a memorable experience. On behalf of Oliver and the rest of my team, we look forward to your return visit.

Wiltshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was my fourth visit to the Avalon Beverly Hills, and it once again proved to be an excellent choice of accommodation for my recent holiday in California.

My wife and I arrived on a Sunday afternoon and were greeted by Tijs, the executive assistant manager, and booked into the Canon building, the first time I've stayed over there (it's just over the road from the main building). I've stayed in the Beverly building and had the penthouse last year, so I've a good idea of what each area has to offer in terms of room quality. The Canon building didn't let us down - our room was very spacious and well appointed, looking out onto a little courtyard with palm tree leaves waving at the window.

The Avalon has recently had a new manager in Diego Heredia, and he's continued the dedication to quiet, professional staffing. Tijs offered excellent customer service and was friendly and approachable, stopping to chat with us as we sat in a cabana by the pool. I must also say a big thanks to Ralph Sulzinger, another staff member who remembered us from our last visit - Ralph is a huge asset to the Avalon and goes out of his way to make guests feel at home, offering to help out with road directions or suggesting places to visit in LA. Ralph, you're a star.

As I've mentioned in my previous reviews, the staff and the location are the best things about the Avalon. It's just a 20 minute drive from LAX and you're in a really nice area of Beverly Hills, just by a residential district but within an easy walk from Rodeo Drive. We like walking around the quiet streets near the hotel, taking the scenic route to S Beverly for the restaurants (Frida and Urth Caffé are the best!) or down to W Pico for a meal at the wonderful Sotto. It's also easy to strike out to Malibu, up to the Hollywood Hills, or take a bus to downtown.

As mentioned above, the room we had was very good, with everything clean and well presented - we especially like the Neil George bath product range, designed specifically for the Viceroy hotel group (of which the Avalon is a part). There was a little kitchen area off the main room, with some seats, a fridge etc., so we could self-cater if we wanted (though with so many great restaurants nearby, who'd want to?). The main building is literally across the street, so we could walk over anytime and use the pool or the gym.

The only downside to the Avalon is the obligatory $30/day parking fee if you bring a car, which does seem expensive, though pretty much all hotels in Beverly Hills make similar charges.

Anyway, that's a minor quibble - the Avalon is the best hotel we've stayed in across LA, and we immediately feel the stress of long distance travel ebb away as we book in and settle down for a drink by the pool. We are looking forward to our next visit to LA and will definitely be staying in the Avalon again.

1 Thank CotswoldFish
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am pleased to learn that we continue to be your number one choice in accommodations in California. Thank you for your continued support and patronage. I am glad that Tijs was able to find the perfect room for you in our Canon residences and that he provided you and your wife with such excellent service. I am also pleased to learn that Ralph continues to make you feel at home with his service, suggestions and directions. I appreciate your comments about the staff, location and overall amenities.
On behalf of my Tijs, Ralph and the rest of the team, we look forward to welcoming you and your wife to your home in California.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Beverly Hills is the perfect location for a first-time visitor to LA! The hotel is a 15 minute walk to Rodeo Drive & Wilshire Blvd. We had both positive & negative experiences at the Avalon.
Positive: Location (as I mentioned above). We didn't drive, which I know will probably surprise a lot of people- because apparently everybody drives in LA! However, we walked to Rodeo Drive & it is such a safe neighborhood that I would recommend it. We were also a $10-$20 cab ride away to anywhere we wanted to go. The airport is about $44. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Staff at reception were happy to call us a cab or book restaurants on request! The pool bar is a great spot to enjoy a beer after a day of shopping, & the restaurant has well-priced food which surprised me, to be honest! The hotel itself reminds me of a 70's era motel which has been updated to Beverly Hills standards. Now for the negative- my only complaint is that the room wasn't insulated enough from noise. We could hear every single footstep from the room above and unfortunately that occupant loved to wake up at 6:30 a.m. & pace around the room! I think if something wakes me up- it is loud! So I think the age of the building will show some cracks now and again, and that is the downfall of this hotel. Cosmetic renovation can only do so much. Overall though a good stay!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank deepest_blue17
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. I do agree that Beverly Hills is a perfect starting point for any first time visitor to LA. Beverly Hills is close to almost all other areas including West Hollywood, Santa Monica and Hollywood and our hotel is walking distance to Rodeo drive, Beverly Blvd and Wilshire. I appreciate your comments about the service and amenities at the hotel. I do apologize about the noise issues but we do try to make up for any physical shortcomings through very intuitive service and amenities. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here last week on a four-day visit. Fantastic allround - attentive staff, comfy, plush rooms, great location close to West Hollywood and a great bar and restaurant. Highly recommended. Only down side is the thin walls, but apart from that superb.

1 Thank johnnyutah01
Dear guest,
Thank you your recent four day visit. I appreciate your wonderful comments about the attentive staff, plush rooms, convenient location and great bar and restaurant. Thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Hotel Beverly Terrace
Hotel Beverly Terrace
#7 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 421 reviews

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!