“Great Location, Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills

You added Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills to your Saves list
Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   403 N Crescent Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Formerly The Crescent)   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great Location, Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel was not expensive and was in the middle of Beverly Hills so can't really complain too much, however just to warn some people that if you don't sleep through quite a bit of noise then do not stay here. The walls are paper thin and as people walk up and down the hallway it is quite loud. The hotel is supposed to be 4 star but I have stayed in far better 3 star. Room was tiny but good enough as it is after all only for sleeping in and we were out everyday all day. The staff were friendly and polite. Overall I would recommend on price but not on quality of stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bobcaygeon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Comments: A Quality Hotel for the budget conscience traveler, wanting the experience of Beverly Hills. Our travel date was Oct. 4, 2012 to Oct. 7, 2012 Bookit.com was very accommodating & honest, what they offered is what we received, no false advertising or misleading information. We were two Canadian women friends, in our fifties attending a wedding. The hotel exceeded our expectations...we were greeted with a glass of wine upon our check-in, & had a chance to unwind in the elegant lounge area, which was decorated with a vibrant fun decor, before going to our room. The staff were very personable & helpful with all of our questions. A free breakfast, (which was per day for our 3 day stay) was fabulous, and we are not just talking a continental breakfast, we received on entree, juice and tea or coffee, plus there were free mini bit sized fresh baked muffins each day. Each breakfast was very fresh tasting and nutritious. I cannot say enough about the staff of the hotel, I would give them a 10. The hotel rooms are small, but accommodating, we were rarely in our rooms. So much to see and do in the area. This is a hotel with history, renovated with Hollywood Flare.Our room was on the 2nd floor, room 213 & never once did we have a bad experience. In comparison with 5 star hotels in the area, lets just say we paid the same price for 3 nights as others did for one night stay. We found this hotel to be a very relaxed atmosphere with friendly guests, who actually spoke with one another ;). We would rate this hotel a 10. Just a word of advice if you are planning on doing any traveling, cabs are very very expensive & they are not all honest, I would recommend renting a car....that would be the only thing I would do different for my next trip to Beverly Hills staying at the Crescent Hotel, booking through Bookit.com......I will be a repeat customer for sure.
.....don't hesitate to BOOKIT, with Bookit.com.
Local Fire Station sells T-Shirts, with their logo on for $15.00, very nice quality. Library & City Hall is beautiful, inside & out, just down the street from Crescent Hotel. Thank You for all who have taken your jobs seriously. Donna from Bobcaygeon, Ontario, Canada.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is in a convenient location within walking distance of numerous fine restaurants. The terrace at the entrance is a beautiful place to enjoy a drink and observe the numerous posers that seem to occupy this moneyed area of L.A, close to upscale boutqiues and restuarants. The room was fine, stylish, roomy, comfortable, if a little dark, and I had no problems with the soundproofing and noise of other guests which was my only concern upon booking. My only gripe was the level of service which varied greatly. The check-in receptionist was friendly and helpful, however the opposite applied with the surly moron who oversaw the check-out. A shame for an otherwise comfortable stay in the centre of Beverly Hills.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tristan S, Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Nick,

We are glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and found your room accommodations comfortable and to your liking. Service is something we take very seriously as this is one area where a more intimately sized hotel has a real advantage over larger sized properties where no one learns your name, so it is with my utmost sincerity that I extend an apology to you regarding a less than perfect checkout. Please accept my apology and please contact myself Tristan@crescentbh.com or the office of the General Manager scott@crescentbh.com so that we may learn more about where we failed to meet your expectations and rectify it for the future. Additionally, the next time that you are in Beverly Hills, I encourage you to contact us so that we may ensure that you have a perfect experience.

washington dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Your experience may be perfect for you. The hotel isn't expensive. As a boutique, it has that size and charm. Perhaps it was just my room. But my first floor room was dark and I suspect all the others match. Whenever the door to the lobby opened, my room door would "whomp" with the shift in air pressure. The person above me sounded like the Incredible Hulk, although I suspect it was just a guest walking normally. That's the room. There was no place to sit in the sun, even though there is a pleasant covered front "porch." No pool. No gym. I was bummed. For just a few dollars more, hie on over to the Hotel Palormar, a reliable Kimpton Hotel. Remember, that's just my experience. Others seem to like it.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you found our hotel charming, and are very sorry that you were disappointed in our lack of a pool and an on-premises gym, as well as your experience with unwanted noise. As advertised on our website, we do have an agreement with the best local gym and pool around just a few pleasant blocks away through the golden triangle at Equinox.
Soundproofing: We are happy to let you know that we are in the process of renovation. Many of our rooms have already been completed with the remaining underway to be completed by the end of 2012. This includes soundproofing amongst upgraded HVAC, new flooring, window treatments, furniture etc. The first floor corridor has been completed with the second floor corridor scheduled for the end of this month. While we too are fans of The Palomar, we’re sure you will agree that our location is most convenient with a +90 walk score set right in Beverly Hills as opposed to on a major thoroughfare between neighborhoods.
We wholeheartedly would like to reach out to you and invite you back, and humbly offer my direct and personal assistance in a future booking so that we may make the most of your stay with us the next time that you are in Beverly Hills.

Sincerely Yours,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My bf and I stayed at the hotel during a business trip with our small dog. When we first arrived our room was a bit small for our needs.....if I was traveling alone it would have been perfect. However, I expressed my discontent with Tristen, the front desk host, and he kindly let us upgrade to a larger space (we incurred the price difference).

The breakfast sandwich was my favorite item served....but all the food we had was great. Very fresh and nicely prepared. The breakfast server even brought us breakfast to our rooms which was very kind of her. They have a nice little patio right out front where you can relax, drink, and dine.

Overall....the Crescent was a great experience with an amazing location. We look forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: There are only stairs....no elevator. I showed up and need to unload my items and had expected to b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sarah,

Thank you and your boyfriend very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Beverly Hills. I remember assisting you with your arrival and we are delighted that you we were able to accommodate you both (as well as your absolutely adorable dog!) and meet all of your expectations through your stay, and fully and successfully address your concerns about the size of the room. We always do enjoy hearing that our guests enjoyed our seasonal dining menu and found our terrace to be the perfect place to relax, unwind, and enjoy their time in Beverly Hills.

Our style of service is focused on a personal approach which is why we have chosen to forgo tell tale signs of large scale hotel utilitarian maids carts, bell carts etc. We have implemented large tote bags for guests who prefer to travel with many loose items as you and many others who travel by car also like to do, this should streamline the need for multiple trips back and forth when conventional luggage may not be utilized for all personal belongings.

The Crescent Hotel was Beverly Hills first downtown hotel, completed in 1927. Because it has only two floors, was built without an elevator. As every guest is personally escorted to their room, it is our aim that no guest should ever porter their own luggage regardless of which floor they are staying on.
We look forward to seeing all three of you on your next journey to Beverly Hills and encourage you to contact us directly so that we can ensure that we have you booked into your favorite room and have a table ready for you to enjoy your sandwich!

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I found this hotel and a great deal online. What a stellar experience!!!! Each staff member on every shift was very accomodating, pleasant and courteous. The food was excellent and can be brought to the room. The charming touches of votives on the staircase, games in the game room and great patio seating make this quaint hotel a boutique unto it's own. The location was very convieniant and most things were within walking distance. They will be renovating this November, I truly look forward to seeing the changes! ! ! P.S. I think my favorite touch was on the pillow each evening, a little note and some taffy. :-)

Room Tip: Don't know about fitness center or pool. Dinner shuts down early but, can be brought to room. T...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jiah,

We are very glad that you found what you confirmed to be a great deal on our hotel and were able to stay with us and enjoy your time in Beverly Hills! We pride ourselves on our warm and eager service and are always happy to discover that we met all of your expectations and were able to charm you with our library and terrace. We look forward to seeing you again soon and I encourage you to contact me when you are considering a return to the area so that we can welcome you back to our newly-renovated hotel (don’t worry, we are keeping the games).

Sincerely Yours,
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We read the reviews before traveling to the area & didn't expect our room to be as quiet as it was!
We were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean & comfortable with an art deco style design. Loved the location- just a couple short blocks away from Rodeo drive & Wilshire Blvd. We ended up having dinner in West Hollywood at Saddle Ranch restaurant- very fun & low key.
The main floor of the hotel featured comfy sofas, a fireplace & bar... Breakfast, included in our package, was enjoyed on the outdoor patio & was very good. Overall, a very pleasant experience!

Room Tip: We had a comfortable room on the second floor, room 207. It was quiet, very clean, but didn't...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. We are very proud that we were able to exceed your expectations in ambiance and are so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated Queen Superior rooms. It is our heartfelt goal to offer the best balance of comfort, style, and affordability in Beverly Hills. We welcome you back any time that you would like to enjoy a fun stay away in Beverly Hills, and to this end we would love for you to contact us back so that we can welcome you once again to your ideal stay!

Warmest Regards,

Resident Manager

Been to Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!