“Beverly Hills Campsite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills

You added Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills to your Saves list
Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   403 N Crescent Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Formerly The Crescent)   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Alameda, California
“Beverly Hills Campsite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Experiencing the accommodations at the Crescent is akin to spending the night at an upscale campsite albeit with room service, alcohol and surrounded by Beverly Hills ambience. The platform bed is comfortable though a bit uneven, just like the terrain below a sleeping bag, just not as hard. The room is small like the size of a pup tent. Some of the staff could best be served by understanding and implementing the service of hospitality, though cordial some of them do need further training. The saving grace of this hotel for me was two-fold, the evening night clerk who knew and exhibited the grace of hospitality in all of his actions and the beautiful common lounge areas. There may be more activity in those areas later in the evening but when I was there on Sunday night between 6pm and 8pm, it was relatively quiet. I was able to read while waiting for a friend to arrive. We were able to engage in a very nice intimate conversation as we virtually ahd the indoor lounge to ourselves. And the old Paramount Studios lit up at night directly across the street were a beautiful backdrop to the fireplaces located inside and outside. I know it is a tiny thing but the hotel could also best be served by improving the quality of their soaps. There was one small bar of soap which was expected to also be used for bathing. I mean, really?!? Just some small items, maybe a mint on the pillow or at the desk when guests return home for the night would be small welcome ways to make the guest feel special. It doesn't have to cost a lot to foster goodwill. Continental breakfast could certainly be improved but since I had a voucher for breakfast, this was a moot point. I would definitely stay there again and hope that my room assignment wouldn't quite be so small.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I immediately felt welcome when I walked in the door. The hotel is a small boutique and the friendly valet who parked the car also carried my bags to the room. The room was super clean and tastefully decorated. I slept great on the pillow top bed with warm, white linens. I’m travelling alone on business but I can image this would be a great hotel for a couple as well. I ate at the small bar and chatted with the bartender. It certainly wasn’t busy but many people that came in were actually locals who just call this place their favorite. The chef definitely knows what she’s doing. I had an incredible plate of brussels sprouts with sautéed grapes.

They offer complimentary pastry and coffee in the morning. That saved me the hassle of retrieving the car and finding a Starbucks. I’ve stayed in many hotels all over Los Angeles. The Crescent is hard to beat for quality, location and price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Reno, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I had to write this review because I read several reviews that said the hotel was loud. Because I made a late reservation I had to take the chance and stay here and it turned out just fine. We stayed in room 211 (2nd floor in the back), it was wonderfully peaceful! The room is not large, but incredibly comfortable! Very convenient to walking Rodeo Drive and getting around the surrounding area. If you can come without a car do so! Parking is $28 a night and I spent an hour trying to find alternative parking - but to no avail. This is LA - traffic is horrible! It took us 45 minutes to go less than 2 miles - should have walked it. We really wanted to see a couple of museums, didn't care at all about the Beverly Hills scene. However, there is some interesting architecture and now we've been there, seen it and don't need to go back.

We really enjoyed seeing was the Farmer's Market, La Brea Tar Pits, and the J.Paul Getty Center in Los Angeles as well as the J.Paul in Malibu. For all those - we'd go back again and next time stay closer to their locations - away from Beverly Hills.

Room Tip: Room 211, upstairs and quiet! Room and hall was carpeted which helped keep noise to an absolute min...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
crescentbeverlyhills, Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you for the response! We appreciate your business and hope that if you do stay in Beverly Hills again that you stay with us!
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We had a fantastic stay at the Crescent, which we found through an online deal. It's the best sort of boutique hotel - the rooms aren't big, but you get a comfy bed, modern decor, and there is a beautiful lounge/bar/patio area. The staff was super-friendly and we loved having a cocktail at the bar after dinner (it seems to be one of BH's few night spots). We could walk everywhere in Beverly Hills, which was great, and you're just a few blocks from Santa Monica Blvd if you want to head anywhere else. Note that valet is an extra $28/night; we had hoped to find another parking option, but there really isn't anything convenient in BH. Ultimately, the valet was worth it for us (and is par for the course in LA) and the attendants were extremely friendly. It ended up being a nice vacation luxury that we don't usually indulge in. It is true that the walls are thin - we could hear movement in the hallway and above us, but it wasn't enough to bother us at all. I read that the hotel used to be a dormitory for actors during the silent era, which just adds to its boutique charm, which I prefer. If you're looking for a generic luxury hotel, you may not have as great a time here as we did. I should also say that we did get a great deal - we only paid around $160/night after all the taxes and fees, so I'm sure that made a difference regarding our expectations. And finally, I have to reiterate: the bed is really comfortable. I would absolutely stay here again, it was a great find, especially if you get a deal!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, but I think the upstairs rooms are bigger and probably have a better vi...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
crescentbeverlyhills, Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for your response! We are happy to hear we met your expectations and you had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Irving, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

It started off with bugs in my room. Get transferred to another room and all I got was a "I'm very sorry" no free dinner offered or anything. My new room faced someones house so I could see right in to them eating McDonalds for dinner. And beware if you get a wall mount tv because you won't be able to see clearly because of the height of the mount compared to the lowness of the bed and the angle. Even though this hotel is in Beverly Hills there is nothing to do but shop and all the stores close down at 6! I would not recommend staying here. It is a boring and poorly thought out hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
crescentbeverlyhills, Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for your response. We appreciate the feedback. Beverly Hills is one of the more quiet neighborhoods in the city and while there is the best shopping in the world, the shops do tend to close down early. We are only 1 mile from West Hollywood where you can find a booming night life! Thanks again.
Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

This is really a Beverly Hills dormitory. Long, loud, non-carpeted corridor with unbelievably tiny sleeping pods, masquerading as guest rooms. These sleep chambers are barely big enough for one double bed and you can hear both the TV and all telephone conversations of your fellow dorm residents. Cement floors, cement showers - If it was locked from the outside - one would it a jail cel. The crime is I had to pay for this coffin.

I was awakened 3x at night by what sounded like sirens. It was in fact the screeching pipes whistling through other chamber showers. The cost is high, the rooms are miniscule and the parking is expensive (not mentioned prior). The only positive comment is its location - which is easy walking distance to the center of Beverly Hills shopping district. As is so often the case - if the price looks too good to be true - it definitely is. Traveler beware.

Room Tip: If I was still a college student, this would be a dorm room w/a tiny private bath
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. While some of our rooms are built for single occupancy we also do offer King rooms and a 2 bedroom suite that may be better suited for you in the future.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We got a great deal on this hotel and we were very pleased. The location is great (right across from the Beverly Hills police department - as if crime is a concern in BH!) The room was a bit small but had everything you would need. Very comfortable bed, room very clean. Modern, cozy, and just had a great feel. Valet and front desk attendants were all extremely nice. For the price we paid, it was a steal, and we were thrilled upon arrival. Hardwood floors in our room were a welcome surprise. However, when the A/C kicked on, the room was filled with a horrible, rancid stench. It smelled like someone was smoking (a lot). Not sure if the person next door was smoking, or if the A/C unit was burning off some dust, or perhaps the air intake was too close to the patio where people were smoking, but it was so bad we had to open the window. That was okay for a while, but some street noise and people hanging out on the patio forced me to close the window. Also, the doors slam HARD (very annoying to be awakened very early by this). A good night's sleep was impossible and we were awakened far too early because of the noise from other guests doors slamming and walking (stomping, talking, laughing, banging luggage) down the hallway. We were very surprised by all the noise because this is a very small hotel. 8 am the next morning (on Sunday!), two different women were letting their little kids run and play up and down the hallway and were shocked that we asked them for some consideration. I'm not sure if the noise factor is due to astonishingly rude guests or if the hotel could do something about it. Heavy doors with a soft hinge would be a welcome addition to this hotel. All in all, a great place to stay as long as you bring ear plugs!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
crescentbeverlyhills, Manager at Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you for your response. All of our rooms are non-smoking so we do apologize if any guests were smoking on our property. As for the noise concerns, we are currently soundproofing each and every room in the hotel. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we are continually improving. Thank you again!

Been to Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!