“Spring Vacation Escape from Snow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Terrace Hotel

You added Beverly Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
Beverly Terrace Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   469 North Doheny Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Beverly Hills)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
French Island WI
“Spring Vacation Escape from Snow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We don't quite know how to rate the Beverly Terrace. It ain't no Hilton!...it's a small boutique place in Beverly Hills. It's close to so many things that it begs you to stay! its being renovated and while a lot has been done, there is more that remains to do. So what will you find? Friendly staff, who will help with whatever they can, a beautiful view from the rooftop terrace and quiet grace in the center courtyard. You will find GREAT shower amenities, AMAZINGly comfortable beds and a genuinely unique experience. The restaurant is small and romantic and the wine and pasta delightful. Jason, will treat you to a wonderful dinner. If you're looking for a Hilton, this ain't it...if you're looking for value, a little eccentricity and a wonderful night....there you go!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
louisville, ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My daughter and I stayed only one night and I found it to be very charming. I was told that our room was newly remodeled and it was nice, definitely meeting our needs for a place to sleep. However, our room was along the street and kind of noisy. The hotel had a court yard in the middle. There had been a pool, but it is now covered by a deck. The area was darling with comfortable seating and couches under overhangs along one edge. The staff was also very nice.
I've never been to Beverly Hills and didn't realize how spread apart everything was and also didn't realize there's no public transportation. We walked to Rodeo Drive, which seemed to be quite a hike. Our other activities required an expensive taxi ride. Given the area, I think the hotel was a good value.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not along the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I picked the hotel for the location, but was pleasant surprised. The rooms were small but lovely and clean. Breakfast was included which was basic but good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would go back!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

After staying in Anaheim for three nights in a terrible hotel, we stayed two nights in Los Angeles. What a difference! From the moment we checked in the staff was so friendly. There was a beautiful pool and lounge area we sat in while we waited for our room. They even asked which room we wanted. The room itself was clean though not large and was comfortable. The parking was reasonable also. The location was perfect. It was close to everything. We could walk to bars like the troubadour, restaurants and stores in Hollywood and we could drive everywhere in less than 15 that was further away. They obviously take pride in caring for the hotel as there appeared to be recent renovations and more happening. We would stay here again, actually we WILL stay again. There was even a friendly talking parrot in the lobby that greeted us. Love this place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Santaigo, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked this room online at the last minute when I was in a pinch. The hotel's frontdesk person kept giving me conflicting infomation about whether they had occupancy, but I booked anyway and when I showed up, she gave me my room. Lots of parking (although it is not secure, so do NOT leave anything valuable), and the pool area was nice. Breakfast far exceeded my expectations, but the room itself had several maintenance issues (had to SLAM the door so it would shut right, and no one came fix a burt light).

The profile for the hotel seemed to be people who wanted a cheap-chic stay, to leave more money for shopping. The Italian restaurant below the hotel was highly recommended by a friend and it was excellent!

Room Tip: No elevator, so choose a first-floor room if lugging heavy luggage or kids, or need assistance with...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DouglasNewton, General Manager at Beverly Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to come and stay with us.
Our complimentary continental breakfast is lovely and served in our charming courtyard.
Sorry about the room issues, we have taken steps to remedy them.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I booked this hotel considering the average-to-good reviews here in Trip Advisor. It seemed to be the best choice because of its central location combined with reasonable prices, a good choice for a first visit to Los Angeles.

We picked up our rental car near the LAX and drove to the Beverly Terrace -- and even being a novice in the city I immediately knew that its location was incredibly good: near Beverly Hills, Santa Monica Blvd, Rodeo Drive, accesses to the freeways etc. When the very nice lady at the front desk told me that the parking fee at the hotel's garage was a mere US$ 8 per night that impression grew stronger. Then she told me that a "very quiet room" was held for me, exactly as I wrote in my online reservation. I found that very kind and professional at the same time.

The room was quiet indeed, located in a second floor (# 200-something), with two opposing windows, the main (beside the door) facing the patio where the pool is (I didn't swim, but it looked very clean) and the second to another building. This is very important because there was never any traffic noise in the room, and I am a light sleeper.

The overall impression was of cleanliness, with a queen-size bed, a small refrigerator, LCD TV and a very good bathroom. It was OK for a short stay (mine was 2 nights), alone or as a couple (my case), specially if the idea is to be out most of the time.

The above-mentioned patio is where the breakfast is served. And the breakfast was the low point of our stay: a few fruits, assorted jams, some breads, some cereals. No cheese, no coldcuts, nothing hot at all.

To be fair, the service description of the hotel promises exactly that: what in Europe is called continental breakfast (as opposed to full English breakfast). We didn't feel cheated -- that's not the point. But if the breakfast was more substantial, we would happilly pay a bit more at check out and avoid the trouble of having to stop for a mid-day meal anywhere else (for me, the ideal is always to have a great breakfast and hold on to that until the evening, and only then having a nice dinner -- feel free to disagree!)

We used the free wi-fi internet and it was of reasonable quality, either inside the room or in the patio; enough for a light user at least.

There's a supermarket some blocks up the street, which can be handy to stock on water, beer and extra food. We did that and took everything to our room, avoiding the somewhat overpriced items we found in the refrigerator (like US$ 5 for a bottle of water). The hotel has an in-house restaurant, of Italian cuisine, but we didn't try it.

Staffers were very helpful when we asked for directions to the main attractions of LA and specially in the indication of a good place to shop, which of course was the Citadel mall. But even the most knowledgeable staffer will not substitute a GPS device in your car!

These are two of the most important things we have to say to first-timers in Los Angeles: 1) rent a car (which is not cheap), and that must be a car with navigation system; and 2) stay at the Beverly Terrace Hotel if you want a convenient, no-frills, but decent, clean and cozy place to sleep, to shower and to park in that city.

PS -- I would give this hotel a 3-and-a half points rating, meaning "good", i.e., above "average" (3) but less than "very good" (4). To be coherent to my overall favorable impression, I gave it 4 points.

Room Tip: Guests transit and breakfast/pool activities are potential nuisances to people in the ground-floor r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a comprehensive review.
You are right, our location is quite special, right on the endge of both Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.
You are right, it is the continental breakfast that we are offering complimentary.
Look forward to your next stay.
Izumo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel is located at the southeast corner of the cross between Santa Monica Boulevard and North Doheny Drive. We stayed 3 nights in mid-November. Our stayed room number was 241, which is on the 2nd floor. Window of bedroom were faced toward the Santa Monica Boulevard. We were very disappointed first arriving at the hotel ,Bed room and shower room were old and very small. If you need luxury, I do not recommend the hotel. But, day by day, we felt comfortable, there is sofa in the rooftop and courtyard with pool. We could have a complimentary simple breakfast. Location was very good going to West Hollywood and Rodeo Drive.

Room Tip: you should better request your need in detail by e-mail on the reservation web site.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very happy that our little hotel grew on you, it really is very special.
Glad you enjoyed your stay.
The Hotel Beverly Terrace

Been to Beverly Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!