“Terrific hotel in Beverly Hills- service is first-rate!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
The More The Merrier
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Princeton, NJ
“Terrific hotel in Beverly Hills- service is first-rate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

This hotel is first-rate in all categories, but the staff bumps it up to near-perfection, trumping all other hotels I've stayed at (which includes notable hotels worldwide). I've really never experienced the high caliber of service anywhere- no-hassle upgrades, super-attentive and accommodating service on all levels including the front desk, concierge, valet, laundry etc. For example, when deciding on a lunch venue, the concierge printed out not only the hotel's menu, but the address and menu of a local eatery.
I read a previous post regarding a noise problem, but my experience was quite different: my room included a patio fronting a larger patio area that hosted first a rehearsal dinner, and then an evening wedding ceremony. Inside my room, with the patio door closed, I didn't hear a peep.
The rooms are lovely and the accommodations superb. This hotel gets five stars in my book!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Montage while doing business in L.A. I've stayed in a variety of other hotels in L.A. but this was by far the nicest. The location is great. Very central in BH, but on a slightly quiet street just north of Wilshire Blvd. The rotunda parking area is a little crowded and busy, but there are so many bell staff that it was never an issue. In fact, the number and quality of the staff is overwhelming. They literally fall over themselves to serve you, almost to the point of embarrassment. I went to the pool deck on the top of the hotel and they kept offering me drinks, to pull out my chair to face the sun, etc. The room was not huge, but beautiful and with a large and luxurious bathroom with a small TV built into the wall over the tub. The dining room is gorgeous, I had one fantastic breakfast there before leaving. The gym and spa were the nicest I've ever seen. Phenomenal workout area, and the spa was beautiful. I had a great massage which was thankfully included in my room package, since it was very expensive. All in all, a very luxurious hotel and a wonderful experience. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
san antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

Me and my husband stayed recently at Montage. Concierge and reception was really helpful as we requested to be at a lower fooor. room was big and we enjoed comfy pillows, that is rare ocasion these days. But it's Beverly Hills and we coudlnt been hapiers we spend couple of days of sightseeing and eating out. this hotel is a good value.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
ke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

I am embarrassed to say that we went to LA to see the semi-finals of "Dancing with the Stars". We were told on such a short notice that we only had 2 days to prepare for the trip. We booked the Montage through Magellean Vacations and were thrilled with the hotel; it exceeded our expectations. Both my friend and I are rather spoiled when it comes to travel, but we both felt this hotel was one of the best we have ever stayed in because of the service. The room was fine- the normal amenities- but the service was exceptional. From the moment you arrive, they know your name, what wine you like to drink, what time you want your room to be made up, your dining preferences, etc. We got into every restaurant we wanted and when we wanted . The Conceirge service was exceptional. The hotel is directly across the street from Spago and a new Bouchon Restaurant (Thomas Keller) has opened next door. Rodeo Drive and Beverly Drive are one block away. It seems to be the best location in Beverly hills. The gym is open 24 hours andhad fesh fruit, flavored water, and everyhting else one would ecpect from a top notch gym. We loved this hotel and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
montagebeverlyhills, Manager` at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 25, 2009
Thank you for choosing Montage Beverly Hills for your last visit and for your feedback on TripAdvisort. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit with us and that we met your expectations. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of service possible and your invaluable comments help us to reach our goals and serve as encouragement to our staff.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and meeting you on your next visit to Montage Beverly Hills.

Kind regards.
london U.K
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Had VERY high expectations for this hotel and therefore decided to book it for the full 12 nights of our stay in Los Angeles. Firstly the room sizes are a bit on the small size especially if you have more than one suitcase as we did. We has been upgraded to a Grande deluxe room so thought that this would make it more spacious than a standard room alas no! We had two LARGE suitcases, large holdall and two carry ons and planned to also do a lot of shopping so space was important to us especially being there for 12 nights not just 1 or 2! Also the number one factor to us enjoying are stay was for the hotel room to be QUIET!! It started off ok, we thought (apart from peoples room doors banging, the doors just cannot be closed quietly), it seemed otherwise pretty quiet, however after the weekend and and various times during the weekdays from around 8:00am-9am drilling, banging and what sounded like furniture being dragged around the floors came from above our room?!! I called down to reception 3 or 4 times during our stay to ask where the noise was coming from and that it sounded like construction within the hotel above our room! No one seemed to know what the noise was and i was even told that there is no construction going on in the hotel! Anyway on the day before our last day at 8:30am the noise started once again so I called the reception once again and this time the lady told me that there were residences on the 6th floor (we were on the 4th) and that they were renovating?!! I was very angry to hear this as we should not have been put in this room to begin with or we should have been advised of this before even arriving to the hotel so that we could decide whether to change are reservation and go to another hotel! Another member of staff actually told me they have not finished building the residences yet?! Anyway my husband spoke with the manager and he took 3 nights off our bill and said we could stay in another room for our last night and that it would be quiet! So we went to the other room that night and whilst lying in bed about to go to sleep the people in the room next to us came back laughing and talking very loudly you could hear everything and even the womans heels walking around the bathroom VERY loud as if they were in the same room as us?! This room had interconnecting doors so basically it is not sound proofed AT ALL!!! We decided to move back to our original room as we needed to get a good sleep before our long flight back to London the next day and at least the construction noise didnt normally start until after 8am! We were both just about asleep at 11:30pm when the worst noise Ever began right outside the hotel?! We looked outside and there were construction workers re surfacing the road?!!! At that time of night, UNBELIEVABLE! So by now really angry my husband rang reception and they moved us AGAIN to another room, where we went to sleep ok but as this room was on the 2nd floor at the front of the hotel we both woke up when a sports car driving fast past the hotel at about 5am and then couldnt really sleep much after that!! So anyway I would only recommend this hotel if you are a really deep sleeper and are there only for a day or two on buisness when you would be out of the room from 8am until 6pm! NOT if like us you plan a business trip AND Leisure trip combined and wish to relax and sleep well!

It is a shame as it started off well and went downhill because of the noise factor! We liked the location and the rooftop pool with comp foot massages, but we MUCH preferred our stay at The Four Seasons Beverly Wiltshire Hotel in June 09 and will go back there next year instead!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
chicago, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

From the second you arrived at this hotel, you are treated like royalty. They do not miss a beat, and are so helpful and friendly. The location is amazing, you are right off of Rodeo Drive. The pool area is like an oasis, and make sure you get your complimentary 10 minute foot massage. It is a must!!!. The conscerge desk was more than helpful with suggestions, directions, and overall support. Our trip would not have been the same without them. Our rooms were spectacular. Bathrooms were large, sitting area was amazing, and can't forget about the balconies. Room service was quick, and the presentation was beautiful. One thing that I would suggest is a mint or chocolate on your pillow. Would defintely stay and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Wow - This hotel - the service especially - is unreal. It's like you are living in a fantasy. The people are so nice and everyone is high on love.. From the minute you arrive to the minute you elave, these people are at your beck and call. We had a lovely room, fantastic food and the SPA was great. The gym is superb for a hotel gym. All told -- the Montage in Beverly Hills far surpasses the Four Seasons, where we usually stay. WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL....

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!