“Classy Mediterranean Hotel with Extraordinary Amenties, Staff and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montage Beverly Hills

You added Montage Beverly Hills to your Saves list
Montage Beverly Hills
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 N Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210   |
Special Offer
The More The Merrier
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Classy Mediterranean Hotel with Extraordinary Amenties, Staff and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We just left the Montage after a 4 night stay. We were in Beverly Hills for business and pleasure. The Montage property was centrally located to our business needs. The Mediterranean style was true to its design both inside and on its gorgeous grounds. At the end of the day, returning to the Montage was like entering a spa. Relaxing, refined and beautiful. Our room was well appointed with luxurious bedding, spacious bath with TV above the bath separate from the shower. Great area for my work with computer. Even when I'm not working a separate computer/desk area is a necessity for us. The only changes we would have liked would have been an additional chair and a larger closet. My husband is not a fan of glass bathroom doors. A complimentary bottle of champagne and a box shipped from my office were awaiting our arrival. The staff at the Montage were attentive to every detail and need for us. Without hestitation each and every individual provided a "yes" to every request and a solution to an unusual problem.

For me, this was a trip with a need for late, quiet evenings to review materials. Unfortunately, the first night we had a small barking dog across the hall. I finally had to call and talked to the front desk. After offering to send someone to discuss the little pooch with its owners, I did not want these people bothered at 9:30 p.m. But, I could not read and concentrate, either. Several days of this would not work for me. Meghan told me these guests were leaving the next day. Great, problem solved. However, Meghan offered to send snacks or beverages. Since the caffaine was needed, I asked for a Diet Coke and a Diet Dr. Pepper, for my husband. Meghan sent someone across the street for the DP and apologized for the wait when she personally brought this to our room. I would never had asked for the Dr. Pepper, had I known it was not available. After all, I like Diet Coke and well, my husband can like it, too! Truly, this speaks to the level of service and the committment to guests. We didn't need this and certainly Diet Coke was fine, but this level of committment was extraordinary.

I was concerned about the box sent via FedEx. I didn't need to be and the staff returned it for me via FedEx. The hotel driver was ready to take me where I needed to be when I needed to be there. The concergie and I were in sync and this made my work easier and my time at the hotel much more enjoyable. My husband's work was separate from mine and he was quite pleased with every aspect of the hotel. In fact, he pointed out the 'yes' to anything, as he knew I would be writing this review.

As I discovered as I was looking for my husband at the Conservatory Grill, the pool area has a 24 hour hot tub/jacuzzi area. This is probably noted somewhere in the hotel materials. I was on the 9th level looking at that amazing view from the Conservatory Grill when Jessica, the hostess, gave me a tour of the area and told me about the amenities offered with the 24 hour availability of the hot tub area - just ask for security. Love this availability, but we didn't use it - this time. I found my husband on the ground level at Parq with Chris Corlett, the managrer discussing the property with him. Chris was so charming and friendly, and the hotel has pomegranate juice, a rarity to find.

Comfort, location and an attentive staff are essential to any stay. We like this area due to the stimulating array of eclectic and traditional shopping, and dining nearby. We walked to Panini Cafe on Santa Monica and Camden, casual, great Mediterranean food and Maestro's, fine dining across the street. In a recent review, I noted the noise of the area with halarious locals honking horns. As I stood waiting for a Montage driver to pick me up on Wilshire just blocks away from the hotel with my huge file, I listerned during the rush hour 5:00 p.m. traffic and noticed the area has returned to its classy, demure, refined, quiet atmosphere that is, after all, Beverly Hills. The Montage added to this atmosphere, classy without drawing attention to itself. Well done.

Room Tip: A room with a north view to the hills offers an incredible view. Rooms in other directions offer a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Montage with our two children in September for three nights. Everything about the stay was amazing and we didn't want to leave!

The location was central to everything, and an easy walk to Rodeo Drive with lots of restaurants and shops nearby. The hotel itself was luxurious, with a beautiful entrance foyer with a large floral display, impeccible service from the doormen, a modern and well-equipped gym with a fitness room, and great views from the pool (Level 8) and the gym level (Level 3). The courtyard at the front of the hotel was gorgeous, with well maincured greenery, plenty of seating, a fountain or two, and places to eat (a bakery and restaurants). The pool area has a great view, with cabanas, lots of deck chairs, and food able to be ordered from the restaurant. The hotel also has a spa area with a mineral pool which is complimentary for guests, however unfortunately we didn't get a chance to use it.

The room was simply amazing. We stayed in a twin room on the third floor which had plenty of space and was the perfect combination of luxury and comfort. We had a large bacony with table and chairs, and a huge bathroom with a shower and a separate bath which was huge! The bath had it's own TV and bath pillow to rest your head on, and lots of amenities were provided. On top of that, the hotel gave us with a complimentary bottle of Verve which was lovely, and a really nice touch. The room itself was very clean and completely sound-proof, and the beds were very very comfortable.

The restaurant food was delicious. We only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant, as well as one lunch by the pool for the kids, but what we had was amazing. The menu for breakfast was extensive (if not expensive!), with a separate kids menu. The service was great, and the view of the pool and decor made for a great experience.

Overall, everything about this stay was perfect. If we come back to Beverly Hills, we will definitely be staying at the Montage!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Everything was well thought out and we were taken care of. My girlfriend and I were treated overwhelmingly like royalty. I was flabbergasted. Everyone was extremely helpful and courteous and made our stay so pleasant, that we were seriously thinking about living here one day (maybe a little too ambitious).

The restaurants we went to (Scarpetta and Conservatory Grill) was delicious and well worth our trying it out. I don't have one complaint about the food nor the services. There are many amenities and stores in the surrounding area that kept us entertained.

I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who wants a tremendous experience of LA.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is by far one of the most incredible stay I've had in a hotel. It is close to many great restaurants within walking distance which makes this a foodie heaven. The bedding is amazingly comfortable, the shower has a shower head on the ceiling, the bath is awesome. The view from the pool is gorgeous, as well as the spa. The light and curtain controls are super handy. Amazing experience, look forward to my next trip, I'm definitely coming back here when I can.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had an amazing weekend with my hunny in this hotel. I was flabbergasted by how outstanding the services were. You literally are treated like royalty with staffs waiting on you hands and feet. You cannot stand around for a long period of time without an attendance asking if you need assistance. From the concierge to the bellboy, the friendliness was contagious.

We were upgraded to the deluxe king room when we arrived. There's a huge bathroom with a tub+shower, the most comfortable bed, and you can control the lights and curtains from the TV. And, they even gave us a small pillow with our initials on them that we can take back as souvenirs. Talk about details.

First night we had reservations to the restaurant Scarpetta which was amazing (I'll write a separate review on that later). After being satisfied with our dinner, we went back to the room to relax, and my boyfriend was so comfortable that he fell right to sleep.

The overall stay was just heavenly. The amenities plus and services were just indescribable. After learning that there were residents living at the hotel, we were both talking sheepishly about wanting to live here. Oh, what a dream. The experience here was so amazing, it didn't feel like we were in California but instead, at a luxurious hotel out of the country (we're from the less-wealthy part of LA). The lifestyle is just so different.

Simply put, we never wanted to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel and staff are amazing.

The front desk was very fast to make sure i had everything i needed.
Anything i asked for was sent to my room right away.

I have been upgraded at this hotel as well when openings are available.
The restaurant on the roof by the pool is amazing and a wonderful place to have morning coffee or a drink at night, the view is perfect

The massages are easly the best in beverly hills thanks to amazing staff and a very large spa

Room Tip: Have breakfast by the pool and be sure to get a massage
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Property has been renovated to an exemplar of 21st century poshness. The location is an A. The rooms, from the automatic drapes to the lovely decor are wonderful. The staff is well trained, friendly and simply terrific. The small rooftop pool, with it's great views is a joy. The only issue is the distance to the elevator to rooms numbered 42-46 and 60 or so. Expensive but worth it !

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!