“Home away from home!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Las Vegad
“Home away from home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visit LA every 6 weeks and always stay at The Montage. The location in Beverly Hills is
Perfect. Shopping, Restaurants etc. are a stones throw away. The hotel is light and airy and low key. There's no huge noisy lobby. The check in people are very welcoming. The Standard rooms can be small and expensive. Try to get an upgrade for the same price as the standard room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Had a great time at the Montage Beverly Hills on our honeymoon. The location is amazing, right in the heart of Beverly Hills near Rodeo Drive. The rooms are spacious and of high quality. What truly differentiates this hotel is the service; it is top class and they truly make you feel at home. Also, the breakfast on the rooftop is great with a wonderful view.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is elegant, the service is superb and the location perfect. Right in the middle of Beverly Hills, you can walk to rodeo drive, the farmers market and some of the prettiest in town parks anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The service was excellent from the time we drove up to the hotel and dropped off our car. The check-in was seamless and the junior suite was fine for a family of four. The hotel is ideally located and if you feel its too long to walk the hotels chauffeur service drives you anywhere in Beverly Hills, very comfortable.

The rooftop pool is a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing and shopping. It is however not a place for playing or taking your swim laps. The concierge was very helpful and booked us at a number of excellent restaurants, please see seperate reviews.

The style and design is great and really gives a feeling of luxurious surroundings.

The complimentary bottle of champagne was also a nice touch.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Montage is a very very good hotel in the heart of the 90210. It's stylish, safe, has good food, great service and the location couldn't really be any better.

It's newer than some of the other top hotels in the area and it should at least go on your list as a very high quality place to stay when in town.

Their service is great too and they even help me recover from a moron move. OK, so here'w what happened. Upon arriving at LAX early in the morning, this reviewer realized that something was left in the safe....... yes, back in the room. The cool thing was that the rental car had already been driven over the sweet spikes that are just past the sign that says, DO NOT BACK UP, MAJOR TIRE DAMAGE. So, that was awesome trying to explain the rental car back out for what was sure to be a Fast & Furious turn around. A quick call to Montage Security and they were waiting downstairs as I drifted around the corner and in to the valet area where the security dude was waiting with my items. BTW...yes, I made it back for a VA flight out of dodge with the aforementioned missing contents. I don't think a team of the Rock and Paul Blart couldn't have done it any better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a great hotel. The staff makes you feel comfortable and welcome. The service is outstanding. But the cost for food, spa and the room are not worth it. I would suggest staying at the hotel but I would not buy anything at the hotel. There are dozens of restaurants in the area there are just good if not better and are not as expensive. I understand that they are catering to a particular clientele but it is still very expensive...

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balconey.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
palm springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had been "saving" up my stay at the Montage for a special occasion after having stayed at a good bulk of the other BH hotels. I have to stay it is definitively my most overpriced hotel stay in my 36 year old life. From Europe to Asia, value wise it was utterly disgraceful. I left feeling ripped off. Terrible feeling.

I was in town for MD visits with my 86 year old dad with an unexpected stayover and I saw this on Hotels Tonight, so I decided to snatch it up. I wanted something refined and non-hipster for my dad and I thought they would be really kind and welcoming to him.

This is what I got for a one night stay for $720 (hotels tonight deal at $585, resort fee, taxes and valet)

Lousy confusing valet experience where I unknowingly blocked the downstairs driveway (after having been flagged to park there), tried to courteously back up to move out of the way and the valet told me to get out of the car and said "I got this". I felt like I had done something wrong, not like I was driving into a first class resort.

VERY VERY welcoming front desk who was affable and inviting. He walked us to our room and was very personable along the way. He made everything better.

Walk to the room was very far and long. It felt like a Vegas hotel. Wasn't the smartest idea to give my dad the room farthest from the elevator but maybe that was all they had. Front desk guy was so nice, it was forgivable :)

Room had two beds, a chair, a desk, a minibar unit. Small and certainly not opulent or uber luxe. Value? maybe $300 being generous. Bathroom was nice and normal. No frills. View overlooked some mechanical or A/C machines. Literally unsightly. I asked for an extra blanket and they brought a cotton blanket that looked like it came from Martha Stewart's Target line. Certainly peanuts versus a room at Hermitage or Peninsula etc.

Fire alarm went off as we came out of the elevator on our way to dinner. Not one hotel staff guiding us what to do or where to go. I tracked down a suited man with a name tag on and asked him what we should do. Verbatim "dont worry about it." and a smug smile as he scurried off. Im with my 86 year old dad, I'm kind of worried about it....Ill give the hotel the benefit of the doubt that he could have been part of the restaurant but that response would NEVER happen at the Peninsula, Four Seasons, Beverly Hills Hotel. Please GM, teach your staff to stop talking like they are bouncers in a club. And if a fire alarm goes off, place some staff around to instruct people what to do.

Dinner at Scarpetta was chaotic, disjointed (fire alarm source was in the restaurant apparently) but surprisingly not that overpriced and quite good.

Early morning departure, stand-offish front desk this time. They were leaning up against the back wall like soldiers. Weird body language. Again, I felt like I was interrupting them to ask them to check out. Not one "good morning", not one "how was your stay", not one "have a good day." I would have been happy to let them know how my stay was instead of airing it on trip advisor, but they never asked. Nor did it seem that they cared.

And so, my take away. Service was unpolished and unprofessional, especially in the case of an emergency. Absolutely unacceptable as my safety should be a huge priority. Rooms were unremarkable. Absolutely nothing memorable. There are SO many other hotels in LA that offer pristine service and rooms that dont overlook the mechanical room in this price range. I don't mind paying big money to feel welcome and at home even if my room isn't special. But there was none of that. There is no reason I can find to ever stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MontageBH1, General Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Taruccia,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been for you and your father, and invite you to contact me directly as I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns personally. I take it very seriously when we fall short and I have reviewed your comments in detail with my team.

My sincere thanks once again for your feedback and kindest regards.

Hermann Elger
(310) 860-7808

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!