“LUXURIOUSLY LOWKEY: A HIDDEN GEM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montage Beverly Hills

You added Montage Beverly Hills to your Saves list
Montage Beverly Hills
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 N Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Beverly Hills)   |
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“LUXURIOUSLY LOWKEY: A HIDDEN GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you want the elegant, refined comfort with friendly& well trained staff that one normally finds at a Four Seasons but do not want the frentic scene at the Beverly Wilshire than you must stay at the Montage.

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and at home. The greeting at the stately spacious courtyard entrance, thru the minimal registration to our great comfortable room with a huge terrace the arrival was flawless and welcoming.

The room was big and well appointed designed with an obvious attention to detail, from the built in computer plugs on the desk to the powered curtain pull. The bed was firm and most comfortable.

Though we did not try their signature restaurant, Scarpetta, sitting on the terrace of the adjacent bar in the warm pacific air, and sneaking a cigarette was most enjoyable. One night a movie was playing in the adjoining park. Somehow the juxtaposition of the elegance of our surroundings in the heart of Beverly Hills with the children enjoying an old movie in the early evening was charming.

Breakfast poolside on the roof with a view of Beverly Hills and the hills behind was a pleasant way to start the day though the “June Fog” was our companion all three mornings, which I find depressing and not under the control of any hotel management

My only complaint is that despite the hotel was built less than 3 years ago the designers were did not have the forethought to install bed side plugs on both sides of the bed.
What modern couple that could afford the Montage would not each want their cell phone charged at night but within reach. As the designers had not considered this then it can be rectified by having lamps with plug on the night stand.

The location is perfect if you want to in the heart of Beverly Hills, 2 short blocks from Rodeo Drive but on a street that is quieter than adjoining Wilshire Blvd. with is parade of too many high powered cars each of which every driver seems to think they have to gun to show off.

Bottom line: Montage is an elegant, well managed, well located place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Corona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We travel with our service animal and they were very welcoming of her and treated her and us with the utmost customer service and respect.
We recently traveled through different areas in Southern Cal and found the Montage to be among the best hotels available. We stayed at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert and the Hyatt Newport Beach and they didn't hold a candle to the customer service and quality of the Montage. Worth every penny!!

Room Tip: Our room was absolutely amazing and my daughter and son in law were joking at how it was larger than...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy my stay in the very luxurious hotel me and my wife we spent five days they treat you like you own the hotel from the doorman to housekeeper and they give me one day free of Marcedees sl550 2013 as complimentary from the hotel to his own guest I like it and sure I will come back again

• Stayed June 2013
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Montage is one of the best hotels in the country. It exceeds all categories; luxury, service , location, rooms , food , spa, pool. The staff treat everyone like royality catering to everyone's needs. If you are in Beverly Hills this is a must stay location easy walk to all restaurants and shops.

• Stayed June 2013
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

on arrival by limo our greeting as we stepped out was quite impressive, the entrance to the hotel is amazing and breathtaking. we were shown two bars to pick from while we waited for our meal time, 6pm at the scarpetta in this lovely hotel. my wifes 50th birthday was our reason to come here after I checked out fine dining in Beverly hills, on the internet. 5 come up but this hotel and scarpetta were miles in front of its competition, and I was right its the best by far,, we had champagne straight away lovely rose, at 6pm we were guided to our table by a lovely gentleman when we were seated a gentleman who was to be our waiter,, DAN what a lovely man he was so polite and very cheerfull puts you at ease with his lovely personality.. we ordered more champagne then dan took our starters order. I had e,mailed ahead to explain my wife was gluten free and vegetarian. but this was no problem to this fine establishment, dan took his time with janet explaining what he could get prepared, which was lovely. after our starters dan explained the menu to janet again for what he could do to make her day, gluten free choice was quite impressive including pasta and ther was gluten free bread for janets soup, dan and the staff of scarpetta were the best by far, after more champagne and main meal finished. dan was back asking bout dessert, we said yes of course, he presented janet straight away with gluten free list very impressive I must say just like dan impressive.. when dan returned with our desserts janets had a candle on it and happy birthday on the rim of the bowl done in chocolate a lovely touch dan thanks,, this hotel and the scarpetta do there upmost to keep you happy and relaxed thanks to all your staff montage and dan what can I say my wife said to me shes never been treated so special like the way you did so a massive thanks dan your a star we will be back and we will be looking for you one more thing tell your chef janets words I have never tasted anything so beautiful in all my life , so cheers to the chefs thank you keith & janet hannon

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MontageBH1, Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Hannon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful review on TripAdvisor and I was delighted to read how wonderful your experience was.

We are certainly fortunate to have such an amazing team of associates. I am glad that Dan and the Scarpetta staff’s extraordinary efforts contributed to a memorable visit and cherished birthday celebration. Your compliments are sincerely appreciated and we will be sure to share this with Dan and our chefs.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Sandro Coppola
General Manager, Scarpetta
Del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Montage Beverly Hills to celebrate our recent engagement and had the most incredible stay. The staff was friendly and attended to our every need. We literally did not have to ask for anything. They completely went above and beyond to make sure that we were taken care of. The room was beautiful and the hotel perfectly centrally located within walking distance to Rodeo Drive, great restaurants, etc.

Would highly recommend. Very romantic.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here one night for a concert we were seeing at the Hollywood Bowl. We had booked a deluxe room and were upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite.

OVERALL
The Montage Beverly Hills is a traditional style 5 star hotel right near all of the shopping and dining on Rodeo drive. Of other nearby comparable hotels, I have stayed in the Beverly Hills Hotel and the Hotel Bel Air. I say they are all excellent but have some varied advantages. For example, The Hotel Bel Air feels like a "world away" tucked into the foothills. The Beverly Hills has an amazing happy energy and history. The Montage has a more formal "Rodeo Drive" feel and an absolutely excellent location that sets it apart. There is plenty to walk to at the Montage.

CHECK IN
The gentleman who helped us was super professional and escorted us to the room. There was an overly perfumed smell that he brought up when we entered the suite - it wasn't a big deal for us but I'm sure he would have either moved us or had housekeeping air out the room had we said it bothered us.

ROOM
The room was spacious with a separate sitting area (L shaped sectional and large flat panel - there was a powder room off the living area which would be nice had we entertained guests. The bed was great but honestly the pillows were just too full and the bed a bit soft for my tastes. I'm sure the staff would have quickly and gladly gotten other pillows had we asked. The marble bath had 5 fixtures and the toilet was closed off. The TV above the very large soaking tub was a nice touch. Great water pressure in shower and the tub had a handheld as well.

DINING
We only got to sample some food at the "Parq" lounge before our show. We had some sushi rolls and appetizers with our drinks which were filling and delicious. I loved the space and our server was terrific. I wish I could remember her name but I do remember how nice she was - she just made us feel welcome. I could have spent more time here.

VALET
The valet service was very good and friendly - but it does get crowded. This is the type of place where the guests don't like to wait at all - you could see how hard the staff worked (in a very small driveway) to move the vehicles in and out quickly and professionally. I was enjoying just watching the operation. During checkout we even received a gift (nice logo cap) and they purposely asked us how things were and if we planned on returning to the Montage.

ROOM SERVICE
We enjoyed room service for breakfast. It was expensive (as could be expected), prompt and otherwise perfect.

All in all - if your style and budget allows, check out the Montage Beverly Hills - you won't go wrong with the excellent location, traditional style and near perfect service. Definitely recommended

Room Tip: Check out the pillows before hitting the sack and don't miss the Parq lounge. We didn't get...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!