“Beautiful site for a wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montage Beverly Hills

You added Montage Beverly Hills to your Saves list
Montage Beverly Hills
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 N Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Beverly Hills)   |
Special Offer
Suite Escape
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful site for a wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Spent a long weekend here recently and was very happy with the accommodations. There is very little they've missed here for the upscale experience. All the food received here was outstanding. Live entertainment in the bar was always enjoyable and the drinks weren't bad either. No shortage of celebrities hanging in and around this location, which is something I typically avoid, however given the beautiful surroundings, even the sound of Russel Brand's obnoxious laugh didn't diminish the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Aliso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you ever have an opportunity to stay at the Montage BV, take it. The Service is outstanding, the Rooms are beautiful and the Resturants are unbelievable.
I was surprised that they are pet friendly as well. They provided a wonderful stay for our dog, Zoey. They provided a great dog bed, food and water bowls. We had a great time and would recommend it highly to anyone.

Room Tip: Anywhere in the hotel is great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the Montage and all I can say is “stay away!” The mattresses are the worse I have EVER slept on. Motel 6 probably has better. The first night we climbed into bed and I couldn’t believe how saggy the mattress was…we literally were sinking into a hole and springs were digging into my hips. After I took a look at the mattress itself I knew why. These are the most outdated things I’ve ever come across. Unbelievable for this supposedly high caliber of a hotel. Didn’t sleep the first night, complained to the front desk and they said they would change out our mattress with a “new” one. The “new” one had a stain and was the same outdated model, but I figured maybe the springs weren’t shot. Wrong! On our way out we told Megan we hadn’t slept the night before and weren’t sure this was much better. She said she was going to have more padding added. I was too tired to complain anymore and thought at least they were trying. We still fell into a hole during the night and when I pulled back the bedding and looked at what we slept on the next morning I was absolutely appalled. They had placed a stained, yellowed foam pad that was literally disgusting. Long story short, they tried pawing the head of housekeeping off on us and we ended up with Justine [--] the Guest Relations Manager. I asked her if she would sleep on this disgusting mess and she replied “No.” We barely made it to the room in time to show her since they were feverishly trying to dispose of the evidence. This hotel is lacking upkeep big time…even the couch in our room had some stains on it. The pool area had cups stacked everywhere with dirty towels lingering around and the pool itself is kind of moldy around the tiles and had one of the pool lights resting on the bottom with the electrical dangling from it. There were two guys up there mingling around, but never saw them pick up one thing.

The manager did end up knocking off what we had paid for the second night but trust me, I would much rather have had a comfortable mattress and a clean bed and paid full price. If you want to stay in a high-end hotel I would put my money on the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire or someplace else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MontageBH1, Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Winelvr_13,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are doing some investigation internally and are addressing your concerns. We consider your feedback truly invaluable, and would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back.

David Hoffman, Hotel Manager
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Without doubt this is a fabulous hotel if you’re looking for a bit of an over-the-top-opulent, ostentatious place to stay. This is by no means a bad review of the place, but having stayed in LA many times before it just wasn't my taste – I prefer the understated coolness and location of places like The London West Hollywood or the Mondrian, which I also think are better value. Anyway… the positives; great location if you want to stay in the heart of Beverly Hills, decent sized rooms, super comfy beds, great level of service from concierge and in the bar, some of the BEST sushi I have ever eaten and a beautiful rooftop pool. However on the brief occasions I ventured up to the pool it was overrun with kids and the service at the rooftop restaurant was a bit lack-luster/slow. Additionally they have some mega industrial washing machines which actually shake your room. I found this rather strange and when I first got to my room I assumed I was experiencing one of LA’s famous earthquake tremors. When I spoke to one of the (very friendly, welcoming) staff in the bar they said it was because of these industrial washers. Bizarre. Anyway, make sure you get a room away from them – I was on the sixth floor, so aim higher! All in all I had a lovely stay at the Montage; I guess I wasn't expecting so many kids to be running around and wanted just a little bit more 5* magic. I would still recommend The Montage; it would just be a little lower down on my list…

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Great staff. Frank, bartender was very personable. Rates are huge but real estate is expensive in Bev Hills so it is expected. Great experience. Can walk anywhere from the hotel. Nice courtyard. We saw a couple of celebrities dining one day....as one might expect since you are in thier neigh

• Stayed May 2012
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my mother for the weekend and found the hotel to be lovely but service wasn't as thoughtful as I expected of a five star rated, luxury hotel. Slight nits but there were several shortcomings:
- they made a big deal of asking what newspaper we wanted at check in yet failed to deliver a paper on both mornings of our stay. Other rooms had papers
- there are no coffee makers I the rooms and a service is provided in the lobby. It is taken down at 8:30 am. While I was waiting to get a newspaper the front desk advised another couple to walk across the way to Bouchon at 8:45 vs sending for coffee. I paid the money for coffee from Bouchon
- one bottle of water was left at turndown although their we're clearly two of us in a double room
- the bathroom has a tub/shower combo with a rod that is difficult to pull
- no make up mirror.
- I was overcharged at check out for the honor bar which wasn't used. It was quickly corrected
The room was very nice, yet for the costs, there are few frills or perks often found at other hotels. All of the bell staff and valets were extremely pleasant and helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here as we attended a wedding shower at the hotel. When considering where to stay in the area as there are several great hotels we decided to stay here based on location, what we had heard from friends and of course the shower we were attending was there. After a long flight from New York the arrival experience was great. After standing in lines at the airport it was great to not have to wait at check-in. The front desk staff had all of the details of my reservation set and took me right to my room. The room itself was well appointed. The sitting area was large, spacious and the bathroom was huge and I think my wife appreciated the dual sinks more than anything. The room had a nice balcony that overlooked the gardens which was great for travelers coming from a place like New York without a lot of balconies.

On our first morning we ate breakfast in Conservatory. We met up with some other attendees of the shower. While everyone's breakfast looked good, I ordered the Corned Beef Hash. The flavor and the presentation was the best I have had and would recommend it for breakfast. We spent the afternoon poolside which was relaxing and the pool service was attentive and the servers were very responsive.

The night of the shower was one of the best parts of the stay. First off, the views from the Conservatory Private Dining Room were amazing. The staff had great tray passed hors d'evours that were delicious. The great thing about the dinner was the food tasted like a fine restaurant versus the typical "banquet food". My filet was cooked perfectly as was my wife's Sea Bass. The flavors of the dish were really brought out by the sauce that was with them.

Parq Bar in the evening was both lively and fun with the live entertainment on Saturday night. Sunday we were out all day and when we returned had some sushi and Ahi Tuna sliders that were both great.

Traveling to Beverly Hills our expectations were very high. I can honestly say that this hotel delivered in every way. While it is not the least expensive hotel to stay at in the area, it is definetly worth what you pay for. We are looking foward to trying the other Montage properties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!