“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Montage Memories
Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great location. Great staff. Frank, bartender was very personable. Rates are huge but real estate is expensive in Bev Hills so it is expected. Great experience. Can walk anywhere from the hotel. Nice courtyard. We saw a couple of celebrities dining one day....as one might expect since you are in thier neigh

• Stayed May 2012

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my mother for the weekend and found the hotel to be lovely but service wasn't as thoughtful as I expected of a five star rated, luxury hotel. Slight nits but there were several shortcomings:
- they made a big deal of asking what newspaper we wanted at check in yet failed to deliver a paper on both mornings of our stay. Other rooms had papers
- there are no coffee makers I the rooms and a service is provided in the lobby. It is taken down at 8:30 am. While I was waiting to get a newspaper the front desk advised another couple to walk across the way to Bouchon at 8:45 vs sending for coffee. I paid the money for coffee from Bouchon
- one bottle of water was left at turndown although their we're clearly two of us in a double room
- the bathroom has a tub/shower combo with a rod that is difficult to pull
- no make up mirror.
- I was overcharged at check out for the honor bar which wasn't used. It was quickly corrected
The room was very nice, yet for the costs, there are few frills or perks often found at other hotels. All of the bell staff and valets were extremely pleasant and helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here as we attended a wedding shower at the hotel. When considering where to stay in the area as there are several great hotels we decided to stay here based on location, what we had heard from friends and of course the shower we were attending was there. After a long flight from New York the arrival experience was great. After standing in lines at the airport it was great to not have to wait at check-in. The front desk staff had all of the details of my reservation set and took me right to my room. The room itself was well appointed. The sitting area was large, spacious and the bathroom was huge and I think my wife appreciated the dual sinks more than anything. The room had a nice balcony that overlooked the gardens which was great for travelers coming from a place like New York without a lot of balconies.

On our first morning we ate breakfast in Conservatory. We met up with some other attendees of the shower. While everyone's breakfast looked good, I ordered the Corned Beef Hash. The flavor and the presentation was the best I have had and would recommend it for breakfast. We spent the afternoon poolside which was relaxing and the pool service was attentive and the servers were very responsive.

The night of the shower was one of the best parts of the stay. First off, the views from the Conservatory Private Dining Room were amazing. The staff had great tray passed hors d'evours that were delicious. The great thing about the dinner was the food tasted like a fine restaurant versus the typical "banquet food". My filet was cooked perfectly as was my wife's Sea Bass. The flavors of the dish were really brought out by the sauce that was with them.

Parq Bar in the evening was both lively and fun with the live entertainment on Saturday night. Sunday we were out all day and when we returned had some sushi and Ahi Tuna sliders that were both great.

Traveling to Beverly Hills our expectations were very high. I can honestly say that this hotel delivered in every way. While it is not the least expensive hotel to stay at in the area, it is definetly worth what you pay for. We are looking foward to trying the other Montage properties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The service at Montage Beverly Hills is excellent. They literally do everything perfectly. Whether you’re ordering room service, checking in or talking to a housekeeper every employee gives impeccable service.

It is all of the little touches that make this place so spectacular. During turndown service they put a bookmark in my book, and slippers right where you’ll need them. When our car was brought around from valet they had a cold water bottle and a hat in the car! It was my second time visiting the property and they sent me a card with treat to thank me for returning.

My only complaint is not really a complaint but rather a preference… I wanted a little more personality. I enjoy eclectic, unique places and this place is pure classic. My partner (who is defiantly classic) could move in to The Montage Beverly Hills and die happy. I probably belong somewhere in Hollywood or Venice Beach myself. Basically we were both happy.

p.s. The flowers in the lobby are REAL!!

Jorah

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We live in Southern California and wanted a short spree from work without traveling overseas. A close friend owns Tobi Blatt in Del Mar, a clothing boutique I love and her mom was former mayor of Beverly Hills. So I trusted her recommendation to stay at the Montage. We were upgraded two categories, we booked our room on Tingo where we received a reasonable rate for a hotel of this caliber. The service was top notch as stated by other reviewers. I travel a lot and am partial to quality beds, this fit my taste. The concierge staff was helpful and did not disappoint in their suggestions. Took time for a spa day and had a deep massage with Beverly that was heavenly. Had the facilities to myself most of the day which was a special treat. Lovely restaurants all within walking distance-Boucheron, Spago, Villa Blanco (Giggy was there), and tea room at Montage was fun. Hubby made reservation in scotch tasting room and said it made the trip for him. Relaxing, elegant, easy and classy. Will return again to the Montage hopefully sooner rather than later.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Heard a lot about the hotel and especially it's wonderful service and location right in the heart of Beverly Rodeo area and next door to 2 of my favorite restaurants Boucheron and Spago . Plenty of other dining options available . Huge rooms impeccable service especially from the concierge Choi . and the front desk Kurrham. Also thanks to Art the who drove us . Beautiful roof top pool huge rooms and bathrooms and state of the art technology in the rooms
Will recommend

• Stayed March 2013
MontageBH1, Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Sanjay,

Thank you for your kind words regarding the service, rooms and our location. We are certainly fortunate to have such an amazing team of associates. I am glad that their extraordinary efforts contributed to a wonderful stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

David Hoffman, Hotel Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The is our second time staying at the Montage because of service. Yesterday as we checked in they had a Easter gift for our son and my wife made an off hand comment about liking chocolate dipped peeps. We went to lunch and when we got back to our room, Justine Cua had arranged a plate of the deserts with a hand written note welcoming us. The service in this hotel is the best in the world!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!