I stayed with my mother for the weekend and found the hotel to be lovely but service wasn't as thoughtful as I expected of a five star rated, luxury hotel. Slight nits but there were several shortcomings:
- they made a big deal of asking what newspaper we wanted at check in yet failed to deliver a paper on both mornings of our stay. Other rooms had papers
- there are no coffee makers I the rooms and a service is provided in the lobby. It is taken down at 8:30 am. While I was waiting to get a newspaper the front desk advised another couple to walk across the way to Bouchon at 8:45 vs sending for coffee. I paid the money for coffee from Bouchon
- one bottle of water was left at turndown although their we're clearly two of us in a double room
- the bathroom has a tub/shower combo with a rod that is difficult to pull
- no make up mirror.
- I was overcharged at check out for the honor bar which wasn't used. It was quickly corrected
The room was very nice, yet for the costs, there are few frills or perks often found at other hotels. All of the bell staff and valets were extremely pleasant and helpful.