“Great HOWEVER...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
New Orleans
“Great HOWEVER...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My children (ages 9, 14, 16) and I stayed at Montage Beverly Hills for four nights. Our experience with the concierge was wonderful. The staff made us feel welcomed. Our lovely room overlooked Beverly Drive; even though the balcony door was made of double-pane insulated glass, the street noise was still audible very early in the morning and late at night. I suggest upgrading to the rooms facing the courtyard. The hotel is large and can accommodate many guests, but it feels very private. The location is superb for shopping, and many restaurants are easily accessible on foot. My only "complaint" is that I quickly scanned my bill before we departed and did not catch a mistake until after I arrived home and began organizing my receipts. Someone else's breakfast mistakenly had been charged to our room. When the billing office told me when the charge was made and what it was for, I explained that we had not even checked into the hotel when when the charge was made, we had never ordered breakfast via room service, and we did not stay in the room to which that the food was delivered/billed. I asked the nice young lady with whom I spoke to review our travel records and please credit my account. She said she would take care of the error. This was two weeks ago, and I still have not been credited for the mistake. Tomorrow, I will place my fourth phone call. This is not a huge deal by any means, but is time-consuming and a little frustrating. And, this is not what I expected with regards to customer service from a hotel of this calibre.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the rooms facing the courtyard. Folks in Bev. Hills love to "punch it" at stop...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MontageBH1, Manager at Montage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read about the wonderful experience you had with our concierges. We are proud to have such great associates as part of our team and truly appreciate your positive feedback. I sent you a private message via TripAdvisor so we can connect directly as I would like to update your profile to reflect your view preference.

We do apologize for the confusion regarding your folio, but I was pleased to learn after an internal contact with our accounting department that this situation has been resolved.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide a review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Dave Hoffman

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Montage has the best location in Beverly Hills. Steps away from a multitude of world class dining and shopping.

The hotel is flawless. The rooms are spacious. The staff will accommodate a request promptly and with a smile. What more could you ask for? Seriously.

While I could write a dissertation about my recent stay with my family I'll just say that this is the best hotel staff we've ever encountered. They had robes and slippers waiting for the entire family. They delivered complimentary treats for the children and a gratis bottle of chilled Champagne in the honor bar for the adults. Great convenient appointments, like a TV in the Bathroom, a generous Water Closet, automatic lights, sheer curtains and drapes. As well as a TV remote that can shut everything down and control the temperature. Room service was quick and the food delicious.

The Montage Beverly Hills, truly Impeccable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I regularly travel all over and stay at what are considered the nicest hotels in the world. There is no hotel that I have stayed at that comes close to matching the unbelievable service I receive everytime I stay at the Montage. It really is "best in class".

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed about a month back at the Montage as a mini weekend getaway from Newport. My husband booked our room on scarletthospitality.com, and the upgrade that we requested was granted with no problem, we didn't even have to ask at the front desk, the young lady just volunteered it! We had dinner at Scarpetta that was absolutely excellent, and 10 pound (the "hidden" whisky bar) was also just amazing... they are so knowledgable and will really help you with your selections! They even have an ice presentation for chilling options!
Tip: make sure to make a reservation for 10 pound!
For our next trip, we have to try the spa, we didn't have time this stay :(

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Montage Beverly Hills for a business meeting. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed. The staff was very nice and the concierge was helpful in our reservations. We loved ten pound. What a great venue and very unique with the drinks. I also had a fabulous massage, probably was one of the best massages I have had!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel in January and had a wonderful stay. The staff were friendly and the room was fantastic. It was spacious and beautifully decorated. We had a lovely quiet room which was great as we were travelling with our daughter. The location was great and direct access to beautiful Beverly and Rodeo Drive.
Loved it!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Westchester County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here for a quick trip to LA. The hotel is in the perfect location - walking distance to a number of cute boutiques, shops and restaurants/bars. Service is impeccable - everyone was very attentive, friendly and helpful. From the people at the front desk, to the valets, to the bartender, everyone went out of their way to smile and greet you and make sure that you were ok.

The hotel itself was very nice - super clean and quiet with great amenities and a nice sized room with plenty of TV channels, silky robes and slippers and a "rain" shower head in a big spa bathroom. I really enjoyed staying here because it was luxurious yet cozy and sophisticated without being pretentious. We walked to some great restaurants (Nics for drinks, Villa Blanca and Mastro's for dinner) and enjoyed browsing the nearby shops. A true gem - I would stay here again the next time I'm in the area. A true 5 star experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Montage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!