Perhaps I'm wrong, but the Claremont hotel is probably the best kept secret in California. My family loves this hotel, which feels like something out of the "Somewhere in Time" era. Just driving up to the hotel, you know it's special. Not only does it have a classic era look, but once inside you realize that it is a hotel on the level of all the great hotels in California from the Del Coronado in San Diego, and the Fairmont Hotel is SF.
The rooms are extremely comfortable, the help is extremely friendly and the food is very good (although the weekend brunch is expensive -- we usually take a short walk through the hotel grounds and go to a quaint restaurant next to the hotel grounds called Rick & Ann's (another hidden jewel).
From the bar in the Claremont you can see the entire SF bay area. One of the best views you can get in the entire bay area.
One of the things we really enjoy at this hotel, is it's a true resort with a very nice fitness center, pool, tennis courts, and fitness classes that are included for free in the resort fee.
If you're staying in the Berkeley area, or entire east bay area, there is just no comparison to other hotels. If you're staying in the SF Bay Area in general, there are more famous hotels, fancier hotels, but the Claremont really has no equal in my opinion.
- Also Known As:
- Claremont Hotel Club
- Claremont Hotel Club And Spa
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1915, the Claremont has pampered guests at the level expected of a AAA Four-Diamond award winning hotel. With stress melting spa treatments, a wide range of fitness options, special events, live music, and endless culinary delights, you’ll find the Claremont engaging - even if you choose to simply engage in quality time alone. We deliver attentive service with a gracious hospitality casual enough to make you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Loews Hotels, Splendia, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Otel, EasyToBook, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Claremont Hotel Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.