A grand old hotel with beautiful common rooms, nicely appointed guest rooms, wonderful service.
High on a hill overlooking Berkeley and the Bay, the location is a short walk to the University and the shops and restaurants on University Ave. The fitness facility is a long walk from the main hotel but comprehensive, great tennis courts. Food in the main restaurant was good but very expensive. Better to walk down the hill a block to one of the local places. Be aware there is a daily facilities fee added to your bill at check out and overnight parking is expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1915, the Claremont has pampered guests at the level expected of a AAA Four-Diamond award winning hotel. With stress melting spa treatments, a wide range of fitness options, special events, live music, and endless culinary delights, you’ll find the Claremont engaging - even if you choose to simply engage in quality time alone. We deliver attentive service with a gracious hospitality casual enough to make you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Claremont Hotel Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Club And Spa
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley