Checked in late last night. Was disappointed by the extremely limited late night menu as I had been traveling most of the day.
Place definitely needs updating-it just has a very dated feel. The air system is very noisy. Rooms definitely need to be soundproofed better. I was awoken at 4 AM by the people in the adjoining room next door. I could hear their entire conversation, bathroom activities, even them opening up a can of soda.
From the limited view that I could see when arriving late and in the dark-this first floor room has a lovely view of.....a roof. Not impressive at all and definitely so far not an establishment I would return to voluntarily.
The only positive thing I can say so far, is that the front desk check-in went smoothly despite the late hour and they were very polite. Also, room service was fairly quick-although as mentioned, the choices were limited to two items.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1915, the Claremont has pampered guests at the level expected of a AAA Four-Diamond award winning hotel. With stress melting spa treatments, a wide range of fitness options, special events, live music, and endless culinary delights, you’ll find the Claremont engaging - even if you choose to simply engage in quality time alone. We deliver attentive service with a gracious hospitality casual enough to make you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Claremont Hotel Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Claremont Hotel Club And Spa
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley