My husband & I have always wanted to stay here but living so close we never had and opportunity. We decided that since we were meeting on of our daughters who is going to school in SF for a concert in Oakland we could spend some extended family time and book two rooms. Before the concert we decided to hang out at the bar outside and enjoy the view of the bay. On a clear day, and it was, you can see the beautiful Golden Gate. That was probably the best as our service was slow and the lunch food was overpriced. After returning from our concert, we headed for the bar and some late night food. Unfortunately we were told the restaurant closed at 10pm and the bar had also ran out of bar munchies (olive, nuts etc). So we decided to grab drinks and head to our room for room service. Again we were told unfortunately room service stops at 11pm. Staff was friendly and hotel was beautiful, we just did not feel that all the "hype" we had heard about the hotel was worthy of our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1915, the Claremont has pampered guests at the level expected of a AAA Four-Diamond award winning hotel. With stress melting spa treatments, a wide range of fitness options, special events, live music, and endless culinary delights, you’ll find the Claremont engaging - even if you choose to simply engage in quality time alone. We deliver attentive service with a gracious hospitality casual enough to make you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Claremont Hotel Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Claremont Hotel Club And Spa
- Claremont Hotel Club Berkeley
- Claremont Resort Berkeley
- Claremont Hotel Berkeley