“My new favorite Berkeley brunch spot” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Buffet
San Francisco
“My new favorite Berkeley brunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had brunch at Herbivore today - and were impressed with the menu selections, the sparkling service, and the food! Best Portabella Mushroom on a Ciabatta roll Sandwich I've ever had (who raves about a sandwich?) The "side" green salad was delicious! Other happy diners had the Quesadilla (great guac.) the Breakfast Burrito, and the Pancakes with grilled bananas.While I am not vegan - I am already planning return visits because the food is so good.

• Visited November 2012

SACRAMENTO
“My Kind of ‘Tofu and Salsa’ Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Herbivore in Berkeley is one of our favorite vegan restaurants in the Bay Area. We try to stop by every time we visit San Francisco or the East Bay. The food has always been good, not overly priced, large portions and a great place to entertain friends for an introduction to a large vegan menu. A big plus for me is that many of the items are or can be gluten free. I look upon the restaurant as a good “tofu and salsa” kind of place; nothing too fancy but fresh and well presented.
The one drawback is the service can be slow. My partner loves to go there, especially when we have some time to spare and not in a rush: “Hey, we have an hour or so; why don’t be stop by Herbivore’s?”

• Visited November 2012
Cathedral City, California
“Herbivore creates great vegetarian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife (a vegetarian) and I (a carnivore) thoroughly enjoyed the food here. My mexican dish had grilled Gardein brand "chicken" pieces that actually tasted like grilled chicken! That's a first for me at a vegetarian restaurant. My wife had an excellent lentil loaf. Absolutely worth a visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The tastiest ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went to to that restaurant and everyone of us tried a different meal and they all, without an exception, were so tasty. You wouldn't think it's a vegan restaurant. And also the prices aren't high at all. No doubt that it's one of the best vegan restaurants in the World.

• Visited August 2012
Plano, Texas
“Disappointed - Subway is better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stopped by for a late lunch with high hopes but everything was mediocre. The food was okay; the service was poor.

I ordered a cheesesteak sandwich. Honestly, the same sandwich at Subway is better. I also ordered fresh squeezed lemonade. What I received was watered down and lacking in flavor.

When I was ready to pay my bill, I have to wait 10-15 minutes for the waiter. He was either busy wrapping silverware into napkins, talking to the cook, or just disappearing. It reached the point that I decided not to way him down - I wanted to see if he would ever give a glance my way - he never did. Finally, another wait staff saw my look and she took my payment.

• Visited July 2012