“This is fun” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“This is fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

If you like healthy food, a positive lifestyle and spiritual people - this is the right place to be and having fun. Especially ordering and getting the dishes is fun. Hint: take a seat close to the bar and hear them shout "Satia you are charasmatic" as soon as the "carrot, ginger, lemon"-juice is ready to be served by Satia...) (We were choosing our food in the way we wanted the Satia to be adressed... ;-)

“Good quirky and healthy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010 via mobile

My wife and I are here now (4th time). They are very accommodating to my wife's food allergies. The theme here offers an opportunity for us to be broad minded. The crossed legged offbeat patrons add texture to an already quirky place. The food is not expensive for us and the portions are ample. We get to eat dishes we would not find elsewhere. We will come again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hawaii
“BEST new find on this trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I ordered the "I am graceful", Indian Biryani Bowl (raw) and my husband ordered the "I am fabulous", Seasonal Lasagna (raw). It was the best !! I also ordered the "I am effervescent", House ginger ale and my husband had the "I am Healthy", green juice. I love ginger ale and Cafe Gratitude has an awesome recipe. I wish I could get my hands on it.
We will be back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Organically Organic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I am not a true vegan or even a true vegetarian - though these are my comfort zones when it comes to food. I love the concept of Cafe Gratitude - take care of yourself, take care of the planet. Be good to you.

The food is delicious, well thought out and presented. Some of the food is even still ALIVE! All the menu items are also named after desirable traits - Such as "I am Loving" - I can't remember the list, but it is a fun concept. I had an enchilada dish and my date a lasagne offering. Both were good (mine better than his).

The server was friendly and the atmosphere lively. The seating is communal - I had no issue with this - the others at our table were all beautiful people.

Please go and experience this unique dining experience for yourself!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montpelier, Vermont
“I am grateful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

I had lunch at Cafe Gratitude in the Mission District. I took the BART from the Embarcado which was easy to navigate. It is a brief walk from the stop to the cafe. The restaurant decore and personnel is a flashback to the 70's, but in a cozy way. The food is incredible. I had the best lemonade and tamales ever. The chips and sauces were amazing. The food is pricey but is definately worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere