“Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
Los Angeles, California
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently stayed here for the first time. I usually stay at the #2 ranked Berkeley hotel. I found the rooms to be clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. I don't eat breakfast so cannot comment on that but the tea and coffee were good.
A few hours after we checked out I realized that we had left something behind and called the front desk. They tracked it down for me and held it for a few days until I could get someone to pick it up for me. I think that I will be staying here again!
I am rating this hotel excellent for its category. It is a 2-star hotel and seems to achieve a high degree of excellence within that division.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The floor above our room (and many others) was very creaky. Unfortunately we had a pacer in the room above us who walked around (and creaked) late at night and early in the morning, waking us up. This is not an easily solved problem so my advice is to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: I don't know how you find a room where the floors don't squeak in this hotel--maybe there ar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here a while back while we were touring around SF. It's not in SF so the prices are much more affordable. The rooms were a good size, and we had a fridge, so we bought food and had dinner in the room one night when we were tired. Parking is easy. It was a little noisy with kids running around on the floor above us, but it wasnt unbearable. Would definitely stay here again based on the location and the value.

Room Tip: Higher floor...less stomping on your head. :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Berkeley? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Berkeley

Address: 920 University Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94710
Location: United States > California > Berkeley
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
Hotel Class:2 star — La Quinta Inn Berkeley 2*
Berkeley's Best Priced -Limited Service HotelAmenities: FREE Breakfast and Wifi, “Seasonal “Heated Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center and Complimentary Parking, - Are All Inclusive In Room Rate. We have On-Site Guest Laundry and Same Day Dry Cleaning Available.Event Space for Rent- Continental Ballroom (4000 SQ Ft) - Berkeley Room (836 SQ Ft) and our Campus Room (392 SQ FT) for Small Functions. We are 1 Mile from Berkeley Marina, 2.5 miles from UC Berkeley Campus, Walking distance to 4th Street shops and restaurants and 13.7 miles from San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn Berkeley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Berkeley Hotel Berkeley
La Quinta Hotel Berkeley
La Quinta Berkeley
Berkeley La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn Berkeley, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.