“Terrible breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
Bologna, Italy
“Terrible breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My not so high vote for la Quinta in Berkeley is due to the terrible breakfast they serve. It's true that breakfast is not all in an hotel but when you spend 129$ a night, bedsides having a comfortable bed, that you get at La Quinta, you also would like to wake up with a good breakfast. No fruit, terrible coffee, a few buttery croissant and the usual square bread. At the Lobby I was told that the breakfast was better a few years back. If you would like a suggestion dear La Quinta owners I believe that you should increase the quality of your breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in tha back of the hotel, University avenue could be quite noisy
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Davis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am posting here because h**tels.com won't post my review. I stayed here this weekend with my sis, thinking it would be a short walk from the North Berkeley BART station. I was wrong. I admit, I probably should have analyzed googlemaps more (Note: city blocks in Berkeley are huge), because after we were walking 40 minutes on University Ave, I was like, "OMG where are we" and I kept telling her it couldn't be much further. We did end up finding it about 5 minutes later, after stopping inside a Subway to make sure we were still going the right way. Problem is, we were really tired by the time we finally got to the hotel because we'd already spent all day walking, with our backpacks, sightseeing in Downtown Berkeley. So if you plan to do something similar (not bring a car and walk everywhere like we did) it might not be worth it to be so far from BART. On the plus side though, it was super nice and clean once we got there and the staff was very helpful. And it is close to the Amtrak station and the 4th Street shopping area. We'll just have to stay somewhere a little more central next time.

Room Tip: Maybe book directly through the hotel? We used a third-party website and we were facing the parking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Park Ridge, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Let me start by saying the staff was attentive and professional. Check in and check out was fine.
The room was a dump. Cracker crumbs in the corners, wet carpet in front of the bathroom door (oh Lord I didn't even want to guess) the room was smelly....like mold. The view was of some type of oil recycling truck. The first time I ever emailed a motel and voiced my displeasure. They then barraged me with offers to stay again, no discount. REALLY???? WHY WOULD I??
Oh and breakfast. The lady next to me stared at the slop and asked "what the heck is this"?? I really couldn't answer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stay in this Berkeley La Quinta Inn once a month for business and my experience has been better to best once every time I visited. Manager Jack has turned this place around. Staffs are very helpful, breakfast been always good, I like the self made warm waffle. Very close to highway 80 makes my travel easy too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay in La Quinta Inns quite a bit because of dogs. No matter where you stay the service and rooms are always the same. I was traveling by train and the hotels near Amtrak were booked. This was a good alternative and a short drive from the Amtrak station. The parking is plentiful and secure. The breakfast buffet was tasty and offers round bacon for muffin sandwiches.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn Berkeley? Share your experiences!