Christmas with an 80 pound Golden. Hard to find hotel rooms accepting a large dog or at a reasonalble price. No charge for Riley. I was skeptical because of some poor reviews on tripadvisor. Bedbugs! Smelly. Prostitutes. Run down.
The building is old but the management does a good job keeping the rooms and public spaces clean. If you look closely, there are areas that need refurbishing but my room (210) was large, clean and smelled fresh. Double pane glass kept the road noise on University Avenue at bay.
All employees very friendly and competent. I would stay here again. This is the only hotel I know that does not charge for pets. Free parking a plus. Fresh paint and no damaged room furnishings. New carpeting and repairing some mold under the bathroom door would help.
Oh yes, no prostitutes or bad smells that I could determine!
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Berkeley Hotel Berkeley
- La Quinta Inn Berkeley Hotel
- La Quinta Hotel Berkeley
- La Quinta Berkeley
- Berkeley La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limited service hotel within walking distance to 4th street shops, a mile and a half from UC Berkeley campus. Heated pool, complimentary parking and a great breakfast included in room rate! Wi-fi on property as well, for no extra charge. Workout room, on site laundry for guests, and same day dry cleaning available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Venere, Priceline, Agoda, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn Berkeley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.