“Beautiful location for your Berkeley stay” 4 of 5 stars

New Years Eve Offer
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver Canada
“Beautiful location for your Berkeley stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Doubletree Hotel several times and I like it for several reasons. Firstly, the management is VERY friendly and helpful. The location is beautiful, so if you are like me and like to run outside in the morning, it's perfect.. right alongside the marina.

The indoor pool looked lovely and inviting, although I didn't have time to enjoy it. The setting around the pool is also very nice if you have children you want to supervise.

I didn't have a car so really appreciated the flexible and complimentary shuttle service into the city.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the lobby, choose the first building (there are four). I found the second...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Polish first
Portland, Ore.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spent the weekend here and really enjoyed it! Staff very gracious and let us check in early and check out late. That matters to me. Hot chocolate chip cookie and H2O upon arrival. Spacious room with a balcony. Decent fitness center with a pool for adults only. Separate family pool near lobby. Nice walk along the marina. Lounge and restaurant offer views of the bay and San Francisco skyline. I spilled my martini and the bartender was very nice about it and replaced it. Room service was great - hot pepperoni pizza. Definitely going back.

Room Tip: Hotel offers four buildings. Four is the furthest and private.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Building 3 slants inward toward building 4. I used a level and in some places the slope is 2 degrees. Very noticeable as you feel like you are walking downhill as soon as you walk into the room (facing the courtyard of course).

• Stayed November 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was a guest at this hotel between October 24-29. Warm cookie at the arrival was a nice touch. This hotel is located at the best spot, secluded from the trafic noise, next to the city's marina. There is a small peninsula which is a walking distance from the hotel. The breakfast offered variety of choices, including fresh omlette with your choice of vegetables. Although the hotel was full one was still able to enjoy quiet time. The rooms are clean and well kept. I cannot imagine a nicer place to stay visiting Berkeley. I look forward to staing again in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed on the main floor of this hotel and woke up at 2am to find a man in my room. He had somehow broken in and managed to get away with my wallet, 2 bags, and my camera. As if this experience wasn't terrifying enough the hotel did absolutely nothing to follow up. I had two friends staying with me in the hotel room that night and we had to seek them out the next morning to clear the situation up. From beginning to end they completely mishandled the entire situation. When I come back to Berkeley I will avoid staying here at all costs - I would warn you to do the same.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip that I was making to SF. I thought to stay across the water to check out the UC Campus. I ended not going to the campus at all. The marina is beautiful with all the boat, a park at the right side of the hotel.

The room was spacious and clean. It had a balcony and I sat there with my coffee in the morning. Luis at the bar was very friendly and I enjoy having my dinner there.

I cannot wait to be back!!

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in the first floor, then you have this park like view....check my pictures, I loved...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seaside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Check in was great they were really nice and gave us warm cookies which my husband loved!
The room was very clean and vert well taken care of. The beds were a little soft for my liking but not to soft.
Just a note they do have down feather pillows and bed covers.

We had a nice stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina? Share your experiences!