I rarely write any review but this time I will have to say something. We stayed two nights on 7/31 & 8/1. The reasons I gave it worst rating are as follows:
1, The room is awfully and uncomfortablly small;
2. The bedspread smelled bad;
3. The mattress was tilted inward so it's not comfortable;
4. Smoke detect beeped a few times at night;
5. Toilet was plugged once and my husband had to get a plunge to fix it;
6. The charge extra $5 for each sheet or blanket. Our family travels quite offten and this is the 1st time a hotel charges money for extra sheet/blanket;
7. Usually hotels supply two soaps one for bath and one for sink use. But this hotel only supplied one. You had to ask for 2nd soap (Thank God there was no extra charge for this!);
8. Free breakfast was included. But you need to be aware of two things: First, carefully check the plastic spoon before using it. They probably buy the cheapest spoon they can get - the edges of the spoon was very rough that it scrached my upper lips to bleeding; Second, you need to remind them when food item is out since they are not comming if you don't ask;
Only thing good about this hotel is that it's close to UC Berkely but there are many many other hotel options.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Choice Hotels so you can book your Quality Inn University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At University Hotel Berkeley
- Hotel At University
- Inn University Berkeley