“First experience with Salvadoran food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 619 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Central American
Fairfield
“First experience with Salvadoran food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was our first experience with Salvadoran food--so I don't claim to be an expert. We liked the atmosphere of the restaurant. We asked for recommendations for a light dinner and ended up trying a number of pupusas and the plantains with beans and sour cream. Everything was delicious and made me curious to try more. The wait staff was friendly but quite slow. It was a busy Saturday night with several large parties at the restaurant also.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Palo Alto
“Great Salvadoran Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had their Pupusas, and they were delicious. The service was good, and the prices were very fair. We definitely will go there again.

Visited April 2014
Berkeley, California
“Salvadorian in Berkeley”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is a nice spot for when you're craving ethnic (Salvadorian) food and don't want to drive to the city. The food is OK overpriced (my opinion), but it gets the job done.

The whole fish is my husband's favorite. I like the pupusas. Would patronize more often if the price was better.

Visited April 2014
Tennessee
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was the first place we ate when we arrived in Berkeley and it set the tone for our entire culinary experience in the city. The service was excellent and the pupusas were wonderful. The portions were sizable and everything tasted out of this world!

Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
“Pupusas are where its at!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

$2 pupusas makes this place a great bargain. Yummy and so cheap! Also the plantains with cream and beans are soo good. I think the service depends on how busy they are, but I like the laid back atmosphere.

I've been here a few times with different types of people and there was always something for everyone. It's just a good value and so filling that everyone always comes away happy. If I didn't enjoy the food so much then I may be bothered with the fact that they are kind of slow, but just come here when you have some time and can kick back and relax. Then you'll be fine!

• Visited March 2013