“Dim Sum with a smile--all day” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #368 of 602 Restaurants in Berkeley
Berkeley, California
“Dim Sum with a smile--all day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We eat at King Tsin at least once a week and have found it every time to be a friendly, welcoming, attractive place to have dim sum and very good, reasonably priced lunch specials.
We recommend it for business lunches and families, especially.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

albany
“Price is right in terms of taste.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My in-laws treat my family for dinner and I recommend to dine at King Tsin. We live nearby and on occassion we usually dine here knowing the food was always excellent. My in-laws was so impressed and they really like the coconut prawn with walnut. Thumbs up to the Chef! We ordered chow mien and so good not too oily. The rest of the dish are all excellent but we noticed this restaurant is empty, even their Sports bar. Oh by the way, we have to asks 3 times then the waiter bring us our water. Be careful when you order or else you will be surprised with your bill. Honestly, for whatever reason, we will try another Chinese restaurant next time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Taste of Northern Chinese Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

we tried the dumpling and noodles soup, chicken dish - not too bad but little bit too oily and salty.

Visited September 2012
Berkeley, CA
“Awful service, overpriced food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I went into King Tsin to eat lunch; the place was empty. I asked whether they have a seat for one person (they have a fancy dining room) and I was told yes, right here. After ordering and paying, I sat down but was told I had paid the take-out rate, and that I could not eat in the dining room because it was not efficient for them to keep the lights on for just one customer - but that I'd be welcome to eat in the adjoining bar. I didn't want that; they refused to cancel the transaction and I ended up eating my Dim Sum at the bus stop. The food tasted okay but felt way overpriced. Never again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
South Burlington, Vermont
“Terrible food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Every dish we ordered was awful. Service was awful. we will never eat there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere