“Some of the best pastrami you will ever eat” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Berkeley, California
“Some of the best pastrami you will ever eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I love this place for the pastrami sandwich. My partner had the Rueben and it was also delicious (I stole a bite). Top it off with one of the beers on tap and you will be drooling for more. I always choose the cole slaw which is tasty and not drowning in mayo!

Visited August 2014

Columbia, Missouri
“Good food, but poor service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We went here for dinner and ordered the Schnitzel. It was the best (and only) schnitzel I have ever had - I did really enjoy it, however the service was slow and our waitress was less than personable. She may be very nice, but has a constant look of grumpiness (maybe she had a bad day). Anyways, the pickles, which were complimentary, were also very delicious. Everything we saw looked good! Coffee there was also VERY good! Prices were very reasonable. I would definitely go back!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chandler, Arizona
“Longest Sandwich Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a July Saturday evening and was seated immediately. Our booth was located right next to the drink service area and was quite loud and busy, but hey, it's a deli. The sandwich menu at Saul's is exhaustive. I didn't know where to begin. The four in our party each ordered something different and we were all pleased with our choices. The onion rings are superb and spicey fries were hot and flavorful. Service was pleasant and timely. Prices average. We will return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palo Alto, California
“Crappy Service and Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I would expect more from a Deli - food is mediocre and prices are higher than they should be. The service and the attitude of the wait staff reminds me of Durgin-Park in Boston, only problem is the food isn't as good and the staff can't deliver. I have eaten in many Jewish Deli's other than the name that is about as close as they get.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, California
“The best restaurant around Berkeley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We found this place the second day we were in town, Deli food is always good. This restaurant was fantastic, so yummy and with such a great variety of dishes, both traditional deli food like Matzo ball soup and some Middle Eastern food like Falafels, which were incredible! We ate at this restaurant almost every day we were in Berkeley, and a few days we came twice! We had Brunch, lunch, Dinner, and snacks at various times during the conference. There are always deli pickles on the table whether its breakfast or dinner. One day I ate a falafel sandwich, the falafels were so good, and the sauce made out of red peppers was amazing. Another day I have the most incredible grilled cheese sandwich with Heirloom tomatoes, and upgraded to a latke pancake, which was served with the traditional applesauce (homemade) and sour cream. This was so good; I ordered it several times throughout the visit. They had freshly prepared Ginger soda which was so good I ordered it every time I ate there. They had several freshly prepared sodas available including a celery seed soda.

They had daily specials for dinner, we did not order it because it was so much food to eat and we were never hungry enough. I saw a lot of people ordering the nightly specials. The desserts were also incredible; we shared a blueberry cobbler, and some homemade Halvah, again all were delicious. This restaurant was so good, that we were spoiled. Not inexpensive, it was certainly worth every penny they charged. I don’t mind spending money on great food, Saul’s fit the bill for us and I can’t wait to go back and eat there again next time I am in the Bay area.

• Visited June 2014