“great bistro food” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Hearst St
Berkeley, California, United States
“great bistro food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

i always enjoy coming here. You can get well-prepared bistro food, French comfort food as well as a few more leaborate dishes or a great hamburger. The wait staff is professional and well informed about the menu. The dining room which includes a long bar where you can eat is charming and reminds me of Paris.

Visited June 2012

67% Recommend
Hong Kong, China
“My second visit within 3 months, and don't mind visiting again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I have lunch there twice, and find the food is basic, not fancy and reasonable price. Must try is fresh oyster at 1 dollar a piece. If you want more variety, it is 2.5 dollar a piece. I also like the ribs, which is different from the traditional US ribs with huge portion and lots of sauce. The ribs there is perfectly done in the right portion, and the sauce is beautiful too. For dessert, recommend you to try the apple and pear crispy with vanilla ice cream. Don't expect great service, but it is OK. One more thing, this restaurant is attached to grocery shop so you can shop before or after your meal. If you just want to grap a sandwich, they can do it too.

“Nice atmosphere and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

A French brasserie in Berkeley, quite enjoyable. Noce staff and freshly prepared food. I can still remember the "cassoulet" I had there 2 years ago - so great!
This June I was back there and the quality remained the same, a great burger with real fries and tasty beef plus a spoon ofvgarlic mayonaise. And for dessert homemade sherbet.
If you have important topics to dicuss over a business dinner this place could be a bit noisy.
Strongly recommended! And it does indeed have the same feeling as a French brasserie.

Orange County, CA
“Nice place to eat but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I ordered the Chicken dish that was on the dinner menu and it was very good. This place can be pricey if you are on a budget and they do not accept AMEX so I had to use my debit card for meal instead! The service was good but the place is very loud.

Visited September 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“Always my back up plan.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I went looking for a special steak house in the east bay area. After my partner turned down my few choices I took him to the Cafe Rouge. Last time we went there was an disagreement about eh check between us. But I assured him that I would pay the check what ever he ordered. I made a reservation vie yelp and when we arrived we were seated promptly ahead of those who had no reservation (It's so nice to step to the head of the line) We ordered wine and when that was served we made our menu choices. He had a delicate bowl of corn chowder and delicious New York steak with fries, I had the white corn fritters and risotto later followed by a kale salad. All the food was well prepared and served promptly fresh or hot from the kitchen. After diner I wanted a absinth Asked if I wanted it neat I said no I wanted it with ice and water on the side with sugar. What I got was not the standard I am accustomed too. Other than that everything was delicious.

• Visited August 2012