“"I don't want it, you can have it, it's too fat for me" *” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Berkeley, California
“"I don't want it, you can have it, it's too fat for me" *”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I know I am going against the tide - everyone loves Cheeseboard Pizza - except me. I love the concept of one pizza (vegetarian) offered for the day. I enjoy the music and the fun standing on line and meeting people. But the pizza has too much fat; olive oils and fat from the cheeses ooze from the slice. I know pizza is not a diet food - but the amount of fat on Cheeseboard pizza goes beyond any normal standard. Even if/when I want to have a piece (fat be damned), sometimes the combinations are weird (e. g. curried potatoes) which can be turn off. I suggest you try it and come to your own conclusion.

*title derived from polka - 1947

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne Australia
“Wonderful Pizza That Deserves its Reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Cheeseboard Pizza shop is one of the best features of Berkeley and most people seem to be in a permanent love affair with the place. One can easily see why. There is only one type of pizza prepared for sale each day but its almost always of extremely high quality - and often with unusual ingredients and herbs. There are drinks for sale and some wine, and there is often live music. Don't be alarmed by the long lines of hungry customers snaking along Shattuck. The line moves very fast and the servers have refined fast preparation and delivery brilliantly. The Cheeseboard Pizza is also a worker cooperative, so you're supporting a decent set of work conditions and fair remuneration as well as supporting top notch pizza. Pity that the place closes relatively early in the evening (around 8.00pm). This place should be on the World Heritage List!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jupiter, Florida
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Unbelievably good pizza! They make one kind of pizza each day and I can't attest to the other days but the day we went it was fantastic! Best pizza I've ever had, hands down!

Visited July 2013
“hyped up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had heard great things about Cheeseboard and every time we pass it there are long lines. Time to give it a try! Before you decide to wait in the massive line, know that they have only 1 pizza to choose from and it will probably be very greasy. They sometimes have live music which is awesome and the area is bustling with life. Nice to chill out around there with a glass of wine.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“You know people love it by the length of the line outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had not been to Cheeseboard in awhile and decided to stop by on our way home to grab a pizza. I could not remember how far down Shattuck it was but the unmistakable long line to the corner that said I had made it to Cheeseboard.

Stood in line for ten minutes before getting to order my pizza. It went by quickly as you watched everyone munching on their slices of pizza in the outdoor tables and the band inside of Cheeseboard entertaining you with their live music. Once you get to the front, you order, he turns around and grabs your pizza that just got put in a box and hands it right to you. Saturday's special was summer squash, pesto with feta cheese. You can check out their webpage for the week to view their daily pizza. Cheeseboard is only open Tuesday thru Saturday until 8pm or until the pizza is sold out. I got the family a whole pizza for 20 bucks. Half of pizza is $10 and slices are $2.50 each. Pretty affordable for a nice dinner.

We got a bonus when we opened our box, an extra slice in the middle of our pizza. Wooh wooh!! Yummy!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food