“Yummy Breakfast, Friendly People” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
California
“Yummy Breakfast, Friendly People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Visited here on a Saturday morning before a Cal game. Best thing about our visit: the friendly people!! We were greeted by the host who took our name, quoted a typical 30-45 minute wait, and then approached us 10 minutes later with a table. Our waitress went out of her way to make sure our order was perfect, down to the detail of how do you like your scrambled eggs cooked: hard, soft, medium? By far the specials surpassed the regular menu items. Fresh baked items were fantastic. Skip the waffles and corned beef hash. Stick with the omelettes and specialty pancakes.

Visited October 2013

Carson City, Nevada
“50's Retro Gourmet Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. The steak and eggs were spectular. I never had sour cream on my home fries before and now I'm hooked. Small, cozy place with a fifty's diner motife but a clean, modern feel. I would eat here anytime.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ft. bragg
“Best breakfast on the planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A Berkeley tradition. A real diner. Excellent menu and service. Food is terrific! Can be a long wait but counter is usually available.

Visited August 2013
“No ocean view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I has been coming to this place for twenty some year, excellent breakfast, one of the best in the bay area, long wait and no oceanview.

Visited May 2013
Burlingame, California
“Fabulous Food; Warm, Efficient Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Bette's was convenient to the location of a 10 am business meeting, so I picked it for breakfast after considering the options. One negative review mentioned "snarky" service, but it wasn't enough to put me off. The place was jammed when I arrived with not even a seat at the counter, but my name was taken and in a very few minutes I was comfortably seated and perusing the menu. After hearing about the special, a sort of skillet of sausage, potatoes, eggs, peppers and onions, I chose that, accompanied by a side of the house salsa, a scrumptious apricot scone and coffee just the way I like it, strong and black. Bette's is clearly a neighborhood institution and deserves the status. Check it out --- you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013