“A very basic hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nash Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Nash Hotel
You added Nash Hotel to your Saves list
2045 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704   |
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
COLLEGEVILLE
“A very basic hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Nash Hotel in Berkeley this past weekend. My initial impression was less than enthusiastic, although I was pleasantly surprised at the comfort of my room. I had a private bathroom (I would recommend that over shared bathroom) and although the appearance of the spaces was a bit shoddy, it was a good experience overall.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a private bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on the third floor. The shared bathrooms are locked- and I was given a key that didn't work. Once I finally got this remedied, I discovered that the toilet closest to me would not flush at all. However people kept using it and it was constantly overflowing with feces. The bathroom down the hall was locked from the inside. The toilet on the second floor would flush, but had feces smeared all over the seat and the outside of the bowl. When I complained to the front desk, I was told that they cleaned the bathrooms once per day - otherwise people need "to take their own responsibility." I pointed out that the toiket hadn't flushed in 3 days and he just shrugged his shoulders. I am completely disgusted with this place - DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is right next to the Downtown Berkeley BART stop, near many bus stops and is extremely affordable. This is not the place to stay if you want a 5-star hotel with many amenities. The owners were extremely nice. I liked that they had a small fridge and a microwave available in your room. The room was clean and a good size. There was no AC, but the room stayed cool if we left the windows open. We bought a parking permit to park in the E zone street parking and easily found parking near the hotel (though we stayed during the summer when Cal is not in session). The only issue we had was connecting to the internet, which was very frustrating. We tried connecting both via Wi-Fi and the direct cable connection but the connection was extremely unreliable. I travel a lot for my job and have taken my laptop to various hotels in the past month (both prior and since my stay at the Nash Hotel) and have never before had an issue connecting to the hotel's internet, so it was not my lap top. Overall, I would stay here again if I was traveling to the Berkeley area for fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Only reason i stayed there was because of price. I would suggest paying few extra bucks but not starting here
Rooms are in poor condition. You don'tfeel secure staying there. No house keeping. Improper management. Hallway stinks. And the list goes on.......

• Stayed August 2012
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The location of Nash Hotel is great because it is near UC Berkeley so I can visit my friends who attends there. The people are great. The rooms are inexpensive, and clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
guangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I do not drive but I need to be able to go from location to location. Yes, this hotel is in walking distance to the U. C. Campus and all downtown attractions. Internet access is free and reliable to me. I can choose secured sites or regular sites provided by the hotel. BART is just around the conner. I can take BART from the Airport to the hotel. The hotel room is clean with some history for just $ 79.00. I recommend this one if you do not drive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for a day and needed somewhere today. I stumbled across this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Overall I got the sleep I needed and the price was good. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Nash Hotel? Share your experiences!