“Can't beat the price or the location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nash Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Nash Hotel
Save Saved
You added Nash Hotel to your Saves list
2045 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
Bronx, New York
“Can't beat the price or the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is right next to the Downtown Berkeley BART stop, near many bus stops and is extremely affordable. This is not the place to stay if you want a 5-star hotel with many amenities. The owners were extremely nice. I liked that they had a small fridge and a microwave available in your room. The room was clean and a good size. There was no AC, but the room stayed cool if we left the windows open. We bought a parking permit to park in the E zone street parking and easily found parking near the hotel (though we stayed during the summer when Cal is not in session). The only issue we had was connecting to the internet, which was very frustrating. We tried connecting both via Wi-Fi and the direct cable connection but the connection was extremely unreliable. I travel a lot for my job and have taken my laptop to various hotels in the past month (both prior and since my stay at the Nash Hotel) and have never before had an issue connecting to the hotel's internet, so it was not my lap top. Overall, I would stay here again if I was traveling to the Berkeley area for fun.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Only reason i stayed there was because of price. I would suggest paying few extra bucks but not starting here
Rooms are in poor condition. You don'tfeel secure staying there. No house keeping. Improper management. Hallway stinks. And the list goes on.......

• Stayed August 2012
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The location of Nash Hotel is great because it is near UC Berkeley so I can visit my friends who attends there. The people are great. The rooms are inexpensive, and clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
guangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I do not drive but I need to be able to go from location to location. Yes, this hotel is in walking distance to the U. C. Campus and all downtown attractions. Internet access is free and reliable to me. I can choose secured sites or regular sites provided by the hotel. BART is just around the conner. I can take BART from the Airport to the hotel. The hotel room is clean with some history for just $ 79.00. I recommend this one if you do not drive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for a day and needed somewhere today. I stumbled across this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Overall I got the sleep I needed and the price was good. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed on the 2nd floor in a single room without a bathroom. It was pretty gross, clearly not vacuumed. The window did not have a screen on it. The first night there I found a cockroach. The next morning I found two more. I complained to one of the workers, a very nice woman. She said they would spray for bugs while I was gone. I told her I did not want to stay in a room that was just sprayed with chemicals. She upgraded me (no charge) to a room on the same floor - two beds and a private bath. I did not find any bugs in this room but did have weird and interesting encounters with long-term guests. Also, about 2 hours after moving out of my first room I walked past my old room and heard the TV on - they had clearly booked someone else into the bug-infested room after I left. How gross.
Showers (even private) had old hair in them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Owner walked into room with stranger to show room while I was checking out, delayed me while I got a parking ticket in their "YOU PAY IT AS YOU GO PARKING"/ not a parking lot for hotel. Hotel refused to pay for ticket, refused to discount or refund hotel stay. RUDE RUDE RUDE and pushing into my room with a stranger is NOT professional. Entire place SMELLED THE ENTIRE TIME.

Room Tip: no restaurant.