“Not recommended” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Nash Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Nash Hotel
Save Saved
You added Nash Hotel to your Saves list
2045 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704   |
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Only reason i stayed there was because of price. I would suggest paying few extra bucks but not starting here
Rooms are in poor condition. You don'tfeel secure staying there. No house keeping. Improper management. Hallway stinks. And the list goes on.......

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The location of Nash Hotel is great because it is near UC Berkeley so I can visit my friends who attends there. The people are great. The rooms are inexpensive, and clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
guangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I do not drive but I need to be able to go from location to location. Yes, this hotel is in walking distance to the U. C. Campus and all downtown attractions. Internet access is free and reliable to me. I can choose secured sites or regular sites provided by the hotel. BART is just around the conner. I can take BART from the Airport to the hotel. The hotel room is clean with some history for just $ 79.00. I recommend this one if you do not drive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for a day and needed somewhere today. I stumbled across this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Overall I got the sleep I needed and the price was good. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed on the 2nd floor in a single room without a bathroom. It was pretty gross, clearly not vacuumed. The window did not have a screen on it. The first night there I found a cockroach. The next morning I found two more. I complained to one of the workers, a very nice woman. She said they would spray for bugs while I was gone. I told her I did not want to stay in a room that was just sprayed with chemicals. She upgraded me (no charge) to a room on the same floor - two beds and a private bath. I did not find any bugs in this room but did have weird and interesting encounters with long-term guests. Also, about 2 hours after moving out of my first room I walked past my old room and heard the TV on - they had clearly booked someone else into the bug-infested room after I left. How gross.
Showers (even private) had old hair in them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Owner walked into room with stranger to show room while I was checking out, delayed me while I got a parking ticket in their "YOU PAY IT AS YOU GO PARKING"/ not a parking lot for hotel. Hotel refused to pay for ticket, refused to discount or refund hotel stay. RUDE RUDE RUDE and pushing into my room with a stranger is NOT professional. Entire place SMELLED THE ENTIRE TIME.

Room Tip: no restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011 via mobile

I had booked a one week reservation at the Nash Hotel in berkeley while my new apartment receive some touch ups and new painting before moving in. As I was laying in the bed studying for an assignment I felt a sting on my neck and a bite on my shoulder. I immediately jumped up and ran to the bathroom too find five bed bugs on me. I proceeded to call the hotel manager Norman Lam expressing my anger, deverstation, health and safety concerns. I requested a full refund and he told me he would have to charge an additional day on my credit card because I didn't give the hotel 48 hour cancellation notice. Very condescending inconsiderate man. In short: I left this place with several bites all over my body that left little red marks I was ashame of and had to continue to attend class at UC Berkeley. Good thing Well Fargo took the charges off and everything got settled. AVOID this bug infested place like a plague!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Nash Hotel? Share your experiences!