“Decent hotel, good price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nash Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Nash Hotel
You added Nash Hotel to your Saves list
2045 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Berkeley
“Decent hotel, good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was in town for a day and needed somewhere today. I stumbled across this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Overall I got the sleep I needed and the price was good. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed on the 2nd floor in a single room without a bathroom. It was pretty gross, clearly not vacuumed. The window did not have a screen on it. The first night there I found a cockroach. The next morning I found two more. I complained to one of the workers, a very nice woman. She said they would spray for bugs while I was gone. I told her I did not want to stay in a room that was just sprayed with chemicals. She upgraded me (no charge) to a room on the same floor - two beds and a private bath. I did not find any bugs in this room but did have weird and interesting encounters with long-term guests. Also, about 2 hours after moving out of my first room I walked past my old room and heard the TV on - they had clearly booked someone else into the bug-infested room after I left. How gross.
Showers (even private) had old hair in them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Owner walked into room with stranger to show room while I was checking out, delayed me while I got a parking ticket in their "YOU PAY IT AS YOU GO PARKING"/ not a parking lot for hotel. Hotel refused to pay for ticket, refused to discount or refund hotel stay. RUDE RUDE RUDE and pushing into my room with a stranger is NOT professional. Entire place SMELLED THE ENTIRE TIME.

Room Tip: no restaurant.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I had booked a one week reservation at the Nash Hotel in berkeley while my new apartment receive some touch ups and new painting before moving in. As I was laying in the bed studying for an assignment I felt a sting on my neck and a bite on my shoulder. I immediately jumped up and ran to the bathroom too find five bed bugs on me. I proceeded to call the hotel manager Norman Lam expressing my anger, deverstation, health and safety concerns. I requested a full refund and he told me he would have to charge an additional day on my credit card because I didn't give the hotel 48 hour cancellation notice. Very condescending inconsiderate man. In short: I left this place with several bites all over my body that left little red marks I was ashame of and had to continue to attend class at UC Berkeley. Good thing Well Fargo took the charges off and everything got settled. AVOID this bug infested place like a plague!

• Stayed September 2011
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I loved staying at the Nash. Don't let the older building scare you away! Huge tub, and marble floor in our bathroom. A wonderful mix of classic old and modern that blends well here.
The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. It was an easy walk to all our favorite restaurants, the Bart and the bus.
The staff was very friendly.
Avoid the national chains places and stay at the Nash!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

very good location, clean room and badroom. The owners are a wounderful people, very kind, give you good information and the Hotel Nash, even that is not rated 5* is a very good place to stay if you do not want to pay the $300 dls nigth.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed at the Nash last November for a couple of evenings. During first day all was fine. I should also add that it is a comfortable place and a substantially better value than other Hotels on University. The two things that ended yp furstrating me very mudh may not be a problem for you.

First, though they advertise wi-fi, they know it is spotty at best. After one inquiry about the reception they suggested I sit on the stairs in the hallway for better connection to the internet. This caused me to travel to various coffee shops to find available tables and wi-fi hotspots.

Secondly, though there was some sort of cable, there was barely more than local broadcast station, with seemingly one third of the populated channells split between odd re-broadcasts of Berkeley Public School System's self-congratulatory programming, and what must have passed for really racy "erotica" type of addsk for breast workouts and the ;

To emphasize though, it is a clean place in a ctty of unkept chain hotels, if you can work on your laptop at area cafe's, and are satisfied with local broadcast t.v. channels, and dont mind shared toilets.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Nash Hotel? Share your experiences!