First trip to San Francisco, heard that the hotels were expensive in the downtown core, so we opted for Berkeley. It seemed a little far but doable, so long as you have a rental car.
I had to admit I thought the hotel was a little pricey, but after staying there I can understand why. We arrived in the middle of the week and the hotel was booked solid. We was lucky to get a room by booking online. The room was clean, it had no funny smells, and the shower had good water pressure. The TVs were all upgraded to flat screens, which was a nice perk. The beds were comfortable and I wanted to take the pillows home with me. You even have the option of soft or firm pillows which were marked. Breakfast was also included with the price of the room. It was one of the better breakfasts I have had in a hotel. There is the option of eggs, sausages, pancakes, danishes, toast, coffee, tea, etc. Definitely, worth the stay.
After the first night stay, I thought about staying longer but the hotel was booked solid and I had plans to drive up the coast.
Maybe, next time.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Berkeley Hotel Berkeley
- Holiday Inn Express Berkeley Hotel
- Holiday Inn Berkeley
- Berkeley Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley! We are located on University Avenue within walking distance of Downtown Berkeley and the Central UC Berkeley Campus. Enjoy performances & concerts at the Berkeley Greek Theater. Visit the Lawrence Hall of Science Center including the Idea Lab, NanoZone, and Real Astronomy Experience. Golden Gate Fields is where the Bay comes to play offering live thoroughbred horse racing in a spectacular setting, just 2 short miles away. The University of California Botanical Garden features over 12,000 different kinds of plants from around the world on 34 acres. If you love chocolate as much as we do, don t miss touring Scharffen Berger Chocolate Makers, producers of the highest quality chocolate using vintage European equipment right here in Berkeley. For history buffs, don t miss the USS Hornet in Alameda. It s a one-of-a-kind experience you won t want to miss!Fall is here and football season is upon us. Catch a Cal State Golden Bears Game at Memorial Stadium. We re the most comfortable and convenient hotel headquarters to catch all the action! When it s time to relax, return to your spacious room at the Holiday Inn Express Berkeley Hotel. Stay in touch while away from home with our complimentary high-speed Internet service. We also offer complimentary hot breakfast and free on-site parking. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Berkeley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.