This is an excellent, reasonably-priced property, tucked away in the middle of a congested, somewhat rundown area by the bustling University & San Pablo intersection – not unsafe, you just need to be aware of your surroundings. In fact, you hardly notice where it is located, with a single drive access onto University Ave., , but the property has its own self-contained parking area. There are a number of eating establishments, many ethnic, within walking distance.
The facilities are more than adequate, updated, and the staff is very accommodating and helpful. The breakfast is the standard HI Express fare and more than meets expectations, as does the internet connectivity. The rooms are decently-sized, with microwaves, fridges, and excellent flat screen TV’s. One unique point that is rarely seen: rather than just providing some cable channels, the rooms have actual dishTV units with what appears to be the basic dishTV channels, plus all of the HBO channels. It’s nice to be able to watch E!, the History Channel or Soapnet after a long day, something I can’t do at many of the pricier places.
I’ve stayed here twice and look forward to staying here again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Berkeley Hotel Berkeley
- Holiday Inn Express Berkeley Hotel
- Holiday Inn Berkeley
- Berkeley Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley! We are located on University Avenue within walking distance of Downtown Berkeley and the Central UC Berkeley Campus. Enjoy performances & concerts at the Berkeley Greek Theater. Visit the Lawrence Hall of Science Center including the Idea Lab, NanoZone, and Real Astronomy Experience. Golden Gate Fields is where the Bay comes to play offering live thoroughbred horse racing in a spectacular setting, just 2 short miles away. The University of California Botanical Garden features over 12,000 different kinds of plants from around the world on 34 acres. If you love chocolate as much as we do, don t miss touring Scharffen Berger Chocolate Makers, producers of the highest quality chocolate using vintage European equipment right here in Berkeley. For history buffs, don t miss the USS Hornet in Alameda. It s a one-of-a-kind experience you won t want to miss!Fall is here and football season is upon us. Catch a Cal State Golden Bears Game at Memorial Stadium. We re the most comfortable and convenient hotel headquarters to catch all the action! When it s time to relax, return to your spacious room at the Holiday Inn Express Berkeley Hotel. Stay in touch while away from home with our complimentary high-speed Internet service. We also offer complimentary hot breakfast and free on-site parking. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Berkeley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.