Stayed three nights recently, just so we could be near our friends, that live around the corner. The hotel is styled in classic old California motel, which actually is pretty cool. The rooms are nothing special, but have all the basics. I know some have complained of rock hard beds, but ours was rather soft and we slept just fine. The main draw back for us was that it's a pet friendly hotel (which normally I don't mind), but there were two dogs in the rooms on either side of us. For the most part they were quiet during the night, but an afternoon nap was out of the question. The hotel didn't look busy, so why didn't they put the people traveling without pets, away from the rooms who have them (especially putting us in the middle of four dogs...seriously?)!
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Berkeley
- Americas Best Value Hotel
- Golden Bear Hotel
- Golden Bear Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel was built around 1946 with classic Spanish architecture in mind. The Golden Bear Inn remains a part of the Berkeley landscape and is a well renowned place for travelers from all over the globe. With its unique style and comfortable facilities the Golden Bear Inn has kept guests returning year after year. Check in starts at 2 PM and ends at Midnight. For special arrangements please call the Front Desk. Check out is at 12 Noon on the day of departure. All cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the check-in date to avoid penalties. We appreciate your understanding and we look forward to your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Vantage Hospitality, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.