“I'm still smiling...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gather is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 602 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Vegan, Californian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Allston Way
Transit: Downtown Berkeley BART (1 block away!) AC Transit to Downtown Berkeley Ample bicycle parking
Description: Gather is a restaurant, café and organic bar with an outdoor patio in Downtown Berkeley.We serve seasonal farm food, sourced carefully and prepared thoughtfully, with a fairly priced menu for vegetarians and omnivores.Located in the David Brower Center, the greenest building in the East Bay, Gather is designed to inspire community and educate people about food.
Detroit
“I'm still smiling...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went there on a recommendation from our hotel. I've never before had the pleasure of a Vegan appetizer (Charcuterie), Hibiscus soda (house made) and Hen of the Woods pizza. What a delightful meal with excellent service. The dessert (Peanuts, Lime nougat with chocolate) was one that will be in my "best of the best" restaurant memories. I'm usually not one to try different things (really...lime w/peanuts?) but am so glad that I did. The dessert complimented the meal perfectly. The entire meal was a symphony of textures, tastes and pleasure from beginning to end. If we're ever in Berkeley again, we'll definitely go there.

• Visited January 2013

San Francisco, California
“Really fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I ate dinner at Gather a few hours ago and loved it. The restaurant is bright and rustic, and the staff was very friendly. I ordered the kale salad, which was flavorful and unique, sort of a deconstructed salad. My companion ordered the homemade ginger soda which was spectacular; not too spicy. We shared the Hen of the Woods pizza, which had caramelized onions, mushrooms, smoked mozzarella, nettle, and potato. The crust was super delicious, buttery and crispy. I will go again. Truly a place for families, friends, or a date.

• Visited January 2013
Providence, Utah
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Everything we tried on the menu was excellent. Beginning with the iced tea, to the soup, to the pizza. Our server was friendly and helpful. Prices were perfect for the quality. Appreciated the locally grown menu.

• Visited December 2012
San Francisco, California
“Vegan and chicken partnership”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been to Gather several times and really loved it on each occasion. First went there with a vegan friend but was surprised to see real , not fake, meat dishes on the menu too. The vegan and vegetarian dishes are wonderful, inventive, and very tasty. I never realized squash could taste so good! Reasonably priced but definitely book as always crowded.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berkeley, California
“Good Berkeley Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I love this place! I have gone a few times now. My last visit, I enjoyed the Kale salad and the burger. My friend had some pizza and commented that it was one of the best she had in along time. I thought the service was good and atmosphere pleasant. It was busy in there, being a Friday but we did not have any problems with timeliness. I will go back back any time!

• Visited November 2012