“Just what's needed” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Belrose House Bed and Breakfast
2744 Belrose Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Berkeley B&B and Inns
Tring, United Kingdom
“Just what's needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

A beautiful tranquil house with all the comfort of home. A garden with a pool, around which there are lemon and orange trees. Breakfast exactly as you want it. Time and space to rest. Nothing was missing.

Room Tip: There is a little road noise at the front (there is one front bedroom) but it is not intense at nigh...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed here with my partner for two nights earlier this month when we were visiting Berkeley. The location is great and the neighborhood is beautiful. Pat, the hostess, has lived in the home for decades and is a fantastic resource for information about the surrounding area. She is also quite charming and gracious. The home is filled with antiques and books. She put out breakfast each morning, and there were even gluten free options. We stayed in the upstairs front room, which has king size bed and its own bathroom. Though there was some street noise, it did not bother us. There is no air conditioning (we are used to air conditioning), but the breeze was more than adequate to keep us comfortable. Pat welcomes everyone into her home with open arms and works to make you feel like it's your home too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

we have stayed at belrose house twice in the past year and will definitely do so again. pat is a gracious and generous hostess and the antique furnishings are wonderful. it's both comfortable and convenient to berkeley and oakland destinations!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

I loved my stay at Belrose House. I stayed in the small room - cozy, homey decor and perfect size for the solo traveler. Pat, the owner, could not have been better. I arrived in the evening and after asking for a suggestion for dinner or local grocery store, she made me a delicious salad and tamale from her own cupboard. She gave wonderful suggestions and the morning breakfast spread was wonderful - fresh, local items.

The only downside was that she had slow internet hookup, so business travelers should plan to do their internet work at a local coffee shop (I found one less than 5 minutes away).

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
So Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

Our boys go to UC Berkeley, so we visit several times/ year and have experienced hotels, motels and B&Bs. I like this one the best and will go there again.
It is set in an old, elegant neighborhood on a relatively busy street. I did not find the noise exceptional- it is an urban setting.
The House is from ~1950's vintage and well maintained. Our room had its own bath connected to the spacious, well light room. A lifetime of interesting books lined the wall.
Talk to the owner. She is a funny, engaging person with a wealth of info of the area.
The morning breakfast was just fine. Nothing cooked but cereal, fresh pastries, fruit coffee & juice nicely presented.
We thought the price fair, and a good deal for the area.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — street noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2006

Before we booked this place tripadvisor had one good and one very bad review. We stayed two nights and definitely come down on the side of very good. We had the "Master Suite," a very large, bright, very quiet and nicely furnished room with a balcony and so many comfortable places to sit you didn't really relax 'cause you wanted to try them all. No pool but no matter. Good breakfast - new boxes of cereal, including some kind of California earth-mother granola, yogurt, excellent coffee, fresh fruit, fresh croissants one day and artisan bread the other. Apparently, B&B's in California don't cook because if they did they'd have to get their kitchens inspected. No matter. We paid $135, which I consider to be on the high side, but this is California, after all. Excellent neighborhood right near the Claremont hotel. We were allowed to check in at 10am which I thought was really nice. After chatting a bit with the owner I absolutely cannot believe the review that alleges some sinister deed on her part - she is way too kind and well-meaning. Only dial-up internet available. Nevertheless, recommended.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2005

This was my very first visit to Berkeley, California, and it has been a desitination I have wanted to visit for a very long time. The Belrose House made my stay so very pleasurable. I felt right at home...and did not want to leave. The Belrose is within walking distance to everything you could popssibly need or want, including the University, local cafes and restaurants, bookshops, bakeries, and other specialty shops. I am very much so looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Belrose House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!