“JACKIE G” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
pittsburgh
“JACKIE G”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

June my family and I booked a tour with a wonderful man named Rowan, he took us to several places and shared his knowledge of the places we passed. We visited the grill, which was a lot of fun, he was very patient with us. I would like to thank Rowan for an amazing tour, one we will not forget. I advise anyone to use JTL tours, we were very pleased. can't wait to get back, so much more to see.

Visited June 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Stood up twice and getting a refund is like pulling teeth. : (”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

In May 2013, we had booked a day trip to Dunn's River Falls from Negril. JTL are scheduled to pick you up early in the morning. So we got up early, waited at the front of the hotel and they never showed. After advising our hotel manager, they arranged for us to meet with an agent that afternoon. The agent rescheduled our tour. So the day of the tour, we get up early, wait at the front, Jamaica Tours doesn't show - again. Come to find out, the agent made an error in the booking.
They try to make it up to us by scheduling us a complimentary transfer but I had already booked and paid for said transfer that they later tried to deny us because another agent at the airport never gave us a voucher (everything is done by paper vouchers. After arguing with an agent at the airport, we receive our transfer, go to our next hotel in Montego Bay, get our room and unpack. While unpacking, a JTL agent at our hotel calls and asks us to come to the lobby to sort out our refund. I get to the lobby and the agent then says I have to take up the matter with Hotwire, through which I booked the excursion. I spent way more of our vacation dealing with JTL agents than I had wanted.
I call Hotwire when we get home and they issue a request 1 week later still no response. I follow up with JTL and they say they need a report. Another week goes by, nothing from JTL. I follow up again and they grant the refund but do not send a confirmation to Hotwire. Hotwire finally granted me a refund and opted to fight with JTL.
Book with JTL at your own risk. I suggest you try another tour operator on the island.
This one was terrible.

Visited May 2013
Manchester, MO
4 attraction reviews
“Don't do the transfers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our travel agent booked JTL transfers from the hotel to the resort. After traveling all day, with layovers, we arrived in Montego Bay and sailed through the airport. Things came to a grinding halt when we arrived at the JTL desk. We were put on a BIG coach and were the first ones on. I asked the driver if they were going to fill up the bus before departing and he assured me they would not. Well, we waiting almost as hour for the bus to fill and then departed for our resort, which was last on the stop. A cab is only $40 to the resorts in Montego Bay and is well worth it. Don't do the transfers. Arrange for a cab. You will get to the resort more quickly and you can stay there longer on your day of departure. JTL wanted to pick us up at 9:30 the day we left. The cab came at 11:15 and we had plenty of time at the airport!!

Visited May 2013
“Awful customer service; this company refused to take us to airport even though round trip from Montego Bay to Sunset Jamaica Gra”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Was not to make appointment time for return portion of trip from hotel upon check in. Appointment was automatically scheduled for 9 am for a flight departing at 2:04 pm. The only contact that Jamaican tours while at the hotel was when guest relations from hotel called at 9 am the day of service to be provided. Upon arrival to hotel lobby the day of departure at 9:30 am, was told appointment was missed. After looking at travel voucher, only the departure time of flight was printed on voucher that was provided for original outgoing portion of trip to the hotel in Ocho Rios from Sangster Montego Bay airport. Jamicain tours employees told us that they could not provide a service to us since we missed our apointment because the next bus was full. My husband had to demand they provide a service to is regardless is flight was missed. After 2 hours of verbal and hostile harrassment, we were allowed on a bus that departed at 11:00 am. There 4 empty seats on the bus from Ocho Rios and Jamaican tours representatives explained that the bus was full! I have never been so disrespected by individuals that live and work in a country that receives mist of there revenues from tourism.

Visited April 2013
Charlestown, Rhode Island
19 attraction reviews
“Dunns Falls Climb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a great time at Dunns Falls. Our bus tour guide was very knowledgeable and helpful. He gave us an excellent history of the island on the way to the gorgeous falls. The falls were a workout! The hike through the falls is videotaped so bring cash for a DVD ($40)and tips for the tour guide and bus driver. We definitely recommend this well run touring company.