“SugarMill B&B Your home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sugarmill B&B

You added Sugarmill B&B to your Saves list
Sugarmill B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   442 Lambert Avenue | Montego Bay, Ironshore, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Ironshore B&B and Inns
Kissimmee, Florida
“SugarMill B&B Your home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

1st let me say that when I was planning my vacation for my family I was a little hesitant in choosing a B&B considering that I have never stayed in one before. (we usually stay in upper end hotels or all inclusives) But when Contacting Elizabeth the owner I felt comfortable immediately. We communicated back and forth for a while and she patiently answered all my questions and concerns. When I brought up my decision to stay here with my family (I traveled with 5 adults and 4 children) they too were a little hesitant but they trusted my judgement and went with the flow :) Once we arrived, we were very impressed with the beauty of it. (this is when my family felt even more comfortable lol) We were greeted by sugar mills amazing staff. Saudah the manager and Tameka our attendant, were very warm and welcoming. We immediately felt settled in. We were very pleased with our rooms they were very clean and appeared just like in the pictures if not even better in person. The bathrooms that were in each room were also clean and functional. My kids ages 9 and 11 even patted my back and said "Good Job Mom, you picked a nice place" The kids loved the staff and loved swimming in the sparkling, clean pool. The views at the bed and breakfast are gorgeous especially when you are on the patio. We opted for Jamaican breakfast in the morning and it was delicious! my kids wanted to stick with a regular american breakfast and the staff was okay with accommodating that for them. They also enjoyed the breakfast. We also chose to have dinner here for 2 nights which was also good.Thank you Chef Clyde! The only down fall is that they don't have house keeping services over the weekend, but that didn't bother us at all we didn't mind making up our own bed in the morning. You truly feel safe here. If you want to have a vacation where u want a secluded intimate feel without all the crowds of the hotels and like to have more 1 on 1 attention while feeling like you're at home, I would definitely recommend the Sugar Mill Bed and Breakfast. After spending time with the staff and mingling with the other guests staying there you begin to feel like you are all one big happy family. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Thank you to Elizabeth, Clyde, Saudah, Tameka, Alrick & Dorothy for making our first experience a wonderful one. We will be back!
-Francesca D
Orlando, Florida

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I almost didn't want to leave a review because I don't want too many people to start staying here. (I need it to be available when I return.)

More seriously, I am just finishing an 11 day - 10 night stay at the Sugarmill B &B. As someone who has really high standards for quality accommodations and service, I can say that the cleanliness and quality of service from the staff were excellent. My living quarters were not only immaculate, but so was the rest of the house and the grounds.

Another plus is the location/view. I love the Ironshore area. Though it is not located on the beach, this house has a beautiful view of the beach and has easy access to downtown Montego Bay; however, you have the quiet and solace of a home away from home...away from the hustle and bustle and noise.

I can't say enough about the staff, the great food (breakfast and dinner options - Jamaican and American cuisine), and the wonderful people you meet.

I highly recommend staying here, and as I said earlier, I will be returning soon.

Karen S
Washington, DC

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This place was very exotic, modern, clean, and had a great view from their balcony! It has huge rooms, huge beds, 2 bathrooms(in one room), etc! Very nice decor......had a huge swimming pool that had a light that turned the pool different colors. They had subscribed to almost all the TV channels available.

Room Tip: Room 4 is mostly bigger than the others.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stumbled upon this place while searching for a venue for my august wedding and I am so glad I did, I planned the wedding from here in the UK and Elizabeth who own the place helped me out with every request including the flowers.

When I arrived the place was more beautiful that in the photos, The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable, it is really cool, dont even need to turn on the AC. I stayed there with my husband and some of my family members and they all loved the place.

The location is a quiet area but very close to montego bay (about 10 mins) They offer airport transfer.

My wedding day went smoothlyand my guest also loved the place.

I will definately be going back.

The staff are also lovely especially Tameka and Wendy and the chef.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, ask for a room with cable TV
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Where do we even start about this amazing Bed & Breakfast that is a short 10 minute drive from the Montego Bay Airport. The staff are all outstanding & go above & beyond to make you feel like you are at home. The only difference is that we have 4 feet of snow back home lol. The pictures do no justice to what Sugarmill actually looks like, you will think that you have died & gone to heaven. Sahoota,Alrick, Clyde & the housekeeper(sorry forgot her name) are awesome hosts. Elizabeth(the owner) should be so proud of them. We hope to meet her the next time we come to Jamaica. Please check Sugarmill out, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask us about it, as we will definately go back. All 6 rooms are beautiful. You will love the balconi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We've just got back from our stay here. This is exceptional value for money with big, clean, comfortable rooms which are fitted to a high standard with international cable TV. The beds are very comfortable and the bed linen is of good quality. The food is great, the chef is passionate about what he produces and the prices are more than reasonable. The pool and communal areas are a pleasant with lovely sea views.

The owner 'Elizabeth' is a lovely lady and gave us a real welcome. I would definitely recommend this place. We've paid much more elsewhere in Jamaica and got a great deal less. Book with confidence!

Room Tip: Book direct for best deals
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The house is as nice as it looks in the pictures! Big and clean and comfortable. Clyde and Dorothy were very friendly and their breakfasts were great. The pool was fantasitc and we had a very nice poolside room. It was easy to walk down the street and find a taxi (no daily shuttle in the offseason) and you can be on the hip strip for $10 each way which makes for easy access. Overall a great value.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sugarmill B&B? Share your experiences!