“Great view, food, ambience - definitely going back!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Walnut Creek, California
“Great view, food, ambience - definitely going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We found this restaurant down by the water - and decided to dine upstairs there. What a view! The service was great, the food even better, and the wine I had was excellent! My husband had fish and chips - he says the best he's ever had. I had chicken with potatoes & vegetables - my mouth is watering just remembering it. We had the chocolate mousse for dessert - wonderful - just right! We had a lovely time there and highly recommend it!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Sunsets are divine with this amazing view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Seated close to the western window, you're on the water. It's hard to imagine the food might not be perfect too? ... it is. Rest assuredly, you will have an awesome clam chowder, paella or flounder. All these dishes are spectacular "go-to's" if you're not sure you know what you want. Paired with a selection from their wine list, you're sure to please any date or business colleague.

Visited February 2013
Napa, California
“Good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Overall, we enjoy this place. It's definitely a seafood lovers hand-out. The food is always decent. The views are great, overlooking the bay and bridge. We'll be back for more...

Visited January 2013
Benicia, California
“Please Remodel the Interior, Does not do the View Justice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The New England Clam Chowder The chowder base has a strong flavor of bay leaf. It is the most herbal Clam chowder I’ve eaten. I think it is excellent. I’ve ordered it twice and the flavor was consistent. The dinner version had a whole clam, in shell, in the center. I will order this dish again.

Prince Edward Mussels in Wine Garlic Sauce The dish was good. There was nothing innovative going on, but it was a surprisingly large portion. I would order the dish again.

Crab Melt with Jack Cheese I tasted the diced red peppers and nothing else. I would place it in the bottom 25% of all the crab melts I’ve eaten. The crab melt at the Boathouse in Oakland is far better.

Niman Ranch Pork Chop with Balsamic Cherry Glaze The dish was very good. I would love it if they would add a wood smoke flavor to the chop. It would defuse the sweetness of the sauce. I will order this dish again.

The décor of the restaurant is poor. Walking into the two small dining areas leads you past a kitchen view you should never see. The view of the First Street Pier and the Carquinez Bridge is excellent. I desperately wish they would gut the interior and start over. It feels like a late 60’s beach restaurant that has been cobbled together and neglected.

The service on the two occasions I eaten at Sailor Jacks was attentive, but not knowledgeable about the wine list.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Hopping place, beautiful view of the bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Monday night and the Sailor Jack's had a boisterous crowd, but we lucked out with no reservation and were seated on the upper floor with a super view of the bay at sunset. Service was friendly, if a bit slow and prone to a mistake or two, but the food and atmosphere more than compensated. I shared some mussels which were ok -- the seafood crudo trio and calamari appetizers were excellent. Of the three places visited in Benicia on the trip, this had the most fun vibe. Dress was upscale casual and price moderate to expensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere