“Very nice property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Benicia
San Jose, CA
“Very nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I recently attended an all-day training at this facility. I found the property to be very clean, modern, and well maintained.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights in this reasonably priced inn. The inn is new so everything is clean and neat. The rooms are comfortable and a standard breakfast is provided. The main street of Benicia is just a short walk. The inn provides covered, monitored parking which is a plus. The only downside was that the walls of the room seemed awfully thin. I could hear snoring coming from the room next to us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HEMET
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hoel was nice. Close by relatives in Benicia. The service was lousy(housekeeping).
Coudn't sleep in late because if you do your room won't be cleaned. If you go to breakfast early, had to wait for room to be cleaned.
The staff coudn't speak english very good. No one was friendly except for the desk clerk on the check in day.
The parking was good. I am handicapped and parked right outside the lobby under cover.
We asked for a first floor room. We were given a second floor room. Nothing to see outside except the patio. There is not a pool at all. The price is outrageous for what you get.

Overall I give this place a 3 not a five as it is listed

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Benicia, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Ralphhemetca,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
IHGCare
Nevada City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed here recently and enjoyed the clean, comfortable and nicely appointed room. The location was good and very quiet, near the freeway but not close enough to hear the road noise. They had nice pillows and linens, plush towels & a great TV. Also, good high speed internet access and a very nice complimentary breakfast: pancakes, danish, biscuits & gravy, cereal, good coffee etc. Good staff, good value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving, as I have family in Antioch and we wanted easy access to San Francisco. Benicia was the perfect half-way point! Our stay was short (3 nights), but we had an excellent experience with the hotel and staff.

The night we checked in, I left my iPad sitting on top of my car. I had no hopes of recovering it, but knew the garage had surveillance, so if nothing else would be able to file a police report with pictures showing the culprit. I made my way down to the front desk around 11pm and told the night clerk what happened. He left a message for his manager, asking for access to the security footage. While waiting for his manager to call back, he offered to check the lost and found, as well as the cart of the maintenance guy who makes rounds in the evenings. Lo and behold, my iPad was on the maintenance cart and was returned to me.

On to the hotel itself, the rooms were very comfortable. There were 3 adults sharing the room, plus my 18 month old. The crib they provided was sturdy and clean, and fit between the two queen beds. The beds were very comfortable, and I liked having the choice between a soft or firm pillow. The bathroom was spacious. I didn't mind the absence of a tub, as the shower was quite large. Towels were soft and plentiful. The TV was large. The fridge came in handy, having a toddler, and was perfect in size.

The breakfast was just ok, but there was enough variety to make me happy. Plenty of dry cereals, oatmeal, and yogurt. Modest assortment of fresh fruit. I indulged in the biscuits and gravy one morning, which was good in a way that kind of makes you ashamed of yourself for enjoying it. I did like that they had snacks and drinks near the front desk that you could purchase (at very reasonable prices, no gouging here).

Free wifi is always appreciated. The speed was nothing to rave about, but adequate for our needs.

Overall, for the price (especially over a holiday), I think the Holiday Inn Express in Benicia is a great choice for families wanting to stay in the Bay Area without breaking the bank. The city was a 20-30 minute drive, and not at all inconvenient in my mind.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We chose the Holiday Inn Express in Benicia based on the reviews on TripAdvisor for a five-night stay over the Christmas holidays when we were visiting family in the area. The motel is clean, bright, and comfortable. It's right off the highway making it very convenient for travelers whose destination is the larger city of Vallejo (where the hotels choices are pretty dismal).

The staff was great. The young lady working the desk on Christmas morning cheerfully gave us directions to a nearby church along with the schedule of Christmas services. Our room cleaner immediately brought us extra blankets when we requested them.

As others have mentioned here, the complimentary breakfast is just so-so. The coffee was usually lukewarm when we were in the breakfast area (although the tea was always hot) and some fresh fruit choices would have been nice to have.

Also, the heater in our room was a bit noisy and as we were there during the dead of winter, it kept going off all night, but this is a minor complaint.

I will definitely stay here again the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Benicia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011 via mobile

This holiday inn express rocks! My brother in law and his family stayed at this hotel the y loved it the hotel was clean and the room was big and decorated very nicely overall it was a very nice hotel highly recomended in Benicia.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Express Benicia? Share your experiences!