“Nicest and Least Expensive in Area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9733 Highway 9, Ben Lomond, CA 95005 (Formerly Coast Redwood Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ben Lomond
Tulsa, OK
“Nicest and Least Expensive in Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

If you are going to stay in Santa Cruz or the surrounding areas stay here. It is inexpensive and very safe. The rate includes free wireless internet and free breakfast in the morning. The rooms are very nice and clean.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

If you are to stay in the Santa Cruz Mountains, stay here.

DO NOT stay at the Brookdale lodge.

The Quality Inn has good internet access, free breakfast, and a clean room all for the same price as the Brookdale Lodge, which is absolutely horrible. Do yourself a favor and stay here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Surrey, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Stayed in cottage (one at side of motel units, second one soon to be available). Spacious, Well furnished and clean, but cold on arrival as gas heater found not working. This quickly rectified by manager (Mr Patel), who similarly apologised for missing inventory items, e.g. no coffee-maker in kitchen. Manager was very good at recovering guest goodwill but tended to blame housekeeping staff and/or other (part time) management for faulty or missing equipment -- there should be more "management on the job". Breakfast provision adequate but basic. Hotel location very pleasant and close to all amenities in Ben Lomond.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

A converted Econo Lodge, the rooms are small and cramped which the relatively new decor cannot improve. The rooms are far below the standards of any mid-range hotel brand. Our room had spiders in the bathroom. Our relatives room had ants. Noise from the highway is an issue at night if you want to leave a window open. The room rates seem to be subject to "what the traffic will bear." Our relatives made reservations 1 week after ours and were charged $40 more per night. The only justification for there existence is the location. My recommendation - stay somewhere else and drive a few more miles to enjoy the location.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
San diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I’m extremely upset with The Quality Inn in Ben Lomand and it’s associated with my overnight stay on August 13, 2009. My daughter and I checked in on the afternoon of the 13th and spent the night at the facility. I had reserved a room with a sofa sleeper and when I was preparing the sofa sleeper, it didn’t have any sheets and I had to go to the front desk and wait till sheets were made available. The quality of the room was just so-so but there isn’t much to choose from in the Ben Lomand area.

However, that’s not why I’m upset!!!! After checking out at approximately 9 am on the 14th, I proceeded to spend the day in Big Basin State Park and was unable to pickup any cell phone calls. Approx 4 pm I picked up my voicemail messages and had a message from the Quality Inn that informed me “that I had taken all the towels and was going to be charged $70.00”. I immediately called back to the Quality Inn and was told that the inventory indicated that I took all the towels; I questioned the accuracy and who I could speak with. I was told that the morning crew was gone but they would check into the matter, I asked that they call me back to update me. I called back approximately 6 pm to get an update, since I hadn’t heard anything yet, because I was upset and quite concerned. They told me they were still checking on it and I asked that they please call me back.

After waiting again till approx 8 pm, I called back and I was told that they made a mistake and it was another room that was missing the towels, not mine. Yet they were so quick to call me and tell me of the $70.00 charge to my credit card but they never had the QUALITY and COURTESY to call me and inform me of THEIR ERROR! Not once did I hear, we are really sorry for the mistake, all she said was, it’s taken care of! This was upsetting and quite humiliating to be accused of stealing MOTEL TOWELS – come on now!

So if you choose to stay there, be sure to have an inventory taken as you leave because YOU could be accused of stealing their towels and NEVER GET A CALL TO APOLOGIZE for their mistake.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!