“I cannot recomend this place” 2 of 5 stars

Jaye's Timberlane Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   8705 Highway 9, Ben Lomond, CA   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ben Lomond
Fresno
“I cannot recomend this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Likes: The friendly staff and clean, refreshing (but cold) swimming pool.

Dislikes: In general the cabin smelled, there were dead insects in the bathroom, stains on the blankets (or they were dirty), the futon was old, and I felt dirty staying there. Also no normal toiletries of a hotel such as shampoo or paper towels in the kitchenette. There is also a fifth wheel on the property that appeared to be somebody's home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Santa Barbara, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

Some people must be really snobby about where they stay. It was only $70. You get your own little cabin complete with living room, kitchen and bathroom! Beautiful area on a road that snakes through redwoods. The Indian woman who works at the front was so friendly and gracious. I'm going back again to stay with my mom next weekend.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
santa cruz ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

We stayed in the front cabin. We could hear EVERY car, ambulance, police car, fire truck that went by e v e r y minute up until about 4am. Then it was only quite until about 6am then it all started up again.
There was a propane leak on the stove in the kitchen and it made the whole cabin smell like propane. I thought that we were going to die in the middle of the night.
The bathroom was discusting and dated back to 1972. Yellow painted shower-that was peeling off. The sink in the bathroom wouldnt drain, so after we washed our hands or brushed our teeth we had to look at it in the sink for hours until it finally drained sometime in the middle of the night.
Everyday a bunch of kids hung out behind the cabin after they got off the bus. Made a bunch of noise and stared at us through the window.
The bed was as hard as a rock, with the bedding being from 1965.
The futon in the "living room" was so hard and smashed down on the boards under the futon cushion that we had to put it on the floor and sleep on the floor.
I thought "what a deal to pay this much $ for this cabin and then sleep on the floor an a flat futon!"
Wear socks at all times, the carpet is dirty.
But the owners were nice (Sorta) dont ask for more toilet paper.
The pool was fun, but very cold for August.
The property was very nice with redwoods all around.
Would I stay there again? Maybe. In a different cabin.

• Liked — The tv blocked out the noise fron the highway
  • Disliked — The highway right outside the door
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

A friend made the reservations over the phone. I am not sure what arangment he made, but when I went into pay upon arrival I was charged more than what was agreed upon. There were no other rooms available in the area. When it is dark it is hard to see while unloading your stuff. We had the cabin near the road. There was no parking for our car, I was constantly worried someone would hit it. My son's "bed" was a fold out couch. They bathroom smelled of mildew, the kitchette- not kitchen was gross. There is no house keeping I had to pay extra to get my son some blankets. The next day my son had flea bites all over his face in body. We packed up and left early. The funny part was the owners came up to us and asked us for another $20 because my 5 year old son was not on the reservation. I would never stay there again, we would rather sleep in our car.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jaye's Timberlane Resort? Share your experiences!